#193 You're diagnosed with breast cancer

"I'm sorry to inform you Mrs Horan but you have breast cancer" the nurse said.
A tear slid down my face.
"How bad is it?" I asked.
"It could've been caught earlier but if we start treatment next week it will beaten" she said.
I smiled slightly.
"Do you have any children?" She asked.
"Yes, two daughters" I said.
"How old is the youngest?" She asked.
"She is 3 months old" I told her.
"Do you breastfeed?" She asked.
"I do but we've been slowly changing to formula" I said.
"You need to stop breast feeding since that could cause the cancer to spread quickly but you can by formula that is exactly like breast milk, that's at the baby will not be affected" she told me and I nodded.
"Your first treatment appointment will be at 1pm on Monday at mullingar hospital " she told me and I nodded.
"And if you ever have any questions or need someone to talk to I'm always here" she said. I smiled.
"Thank you" I said wiping my tear.

***

On my way home, I broke down crying in the car. I pulled into the driveway and sat in the car crying.
I know there is a high survival rate but what if I don't beat this? I can't leave them.

I wiped my tears and left the car and entered the house.

Niall walked into the hallway at the sound of the door opening and closing. He smiled but then his face fell once he saw my red and puffy eyes. He just thought I went for a normal annual checkup.

"Princess, what's wrong?" He asked engulfing me in hug.
I cried into his chest for a while and then pulled away.
"I have beast cancer Ni" I whispered.
"W..what? You'll be okay though?" He asked worried.
"I should be but I have to stop breastfeeding Isabelle because it could cause the cancer to spread quicker" I told him referring to our youngest daughter.
"Anything to make sure you're okay" he said.

"Where's Aaliyah?" I asked referring to our 3 year old daughter.
"The living room with Isabelle" he told me.
He engulfed me in a hug.
"You'll get through this y/n. I've never known a stronger person than you. You're the most amazing woman and you do not deserve this. You've given me two gorgeous little girls and a life of happiness when you agreed to marry me. I love you so much y/n and nothing will change that." He said.

I broke down in tears again.
"W..what I I don't get through this! I'll not be able to give you a son, I'll not be able to see our little girls grow up" I cried.
Niall held my shoulders so I was looking at him, straight in the eyes. He looked like he was about to cry
"Y/n, do not say that!" He said letting his tears fall.
"You'll make it through this, we'll make it through this as a family! You will get to see our little girls grow up! And we will have another child, because you're going to beat this. And I'm going to be there every step of the way" he said .
I hugged him .
"I don't know what I'd do without you Ni" I whispered.
"Well you wouldn't have Aaliyah and Isabelle" he said smirking.
I rolled my eyes, chuckling and punched his arm lightly.
"There's the smile I love, you'll be fine y/n" he reassured.