#199 You die giving birth

Niall's POV

"C'mon babe, you can do this, you can bring our little princess into the world, you're doing great. I love you" I said encouraging y/n as she gripped my hand.
"I love you too..ah it hurts so much!" She cried as she pushed again.

I heard a sudden cry and smiled widely.
I looked back at y/n and saw that she was passed out on the bed.
"Nurse! What's wrong with her!" I said frantically.
"Mr Horan, please take your baby to the waiting room we will give you the details as soon as possible" she said handing me the baby wrapped in pink blankets.

I left the room and went to the waiting room where my family and the boys were. Y/n's family are coming together since there wasn't any flights.

I sat down and a tear streamed down my face.
I looked down at the baby in my arms, my baby.
For some reason all I felt was hatred towards the little girl.
She's the reason y/n is in there, she's the reason y/n is passed out.

"Nialler, what's wrong son?" My dad asked sitting next to me.
"It's a happy time, you've got a daughter" he said wrapping an arm around my shoulders.
"No it's not" I whispered.
"Y/n passed out after giving birth and they told me to leave the room with her" I said gesturing to the baby in my arms.

***

A nurse came out.
"Family of y/n Horan?" She said. The boys , me and my family raised our hands and the nurse came to us.
"I'm extremely sorry for you loss, she passed away due to complications of the birth" The nurse said.
I burst into tears feeling even more hatred towards the baby.

I stood up and have the baby to my mum, not even bothering to be careful.
I quickly walked through the hospital.

"Niall! Wait!" My dad yelled from behind me catching up to me.
"Don't keep this to yourself! Talk to us Niall!" Liam yelled.

My dad and Liam caught up to me and walked alongside me.

They led me to a garden area and we sat down on the bench.

"Son, you need to stay strong for your baby, I know it's hard, I do, but you need to take care of her" my dad said.
"I..I feel guilty" I mumbled.
"Guilty? Why? It's not your fault" Liam said running my back.

"It, it's just when I held her" I said looking up to keep more tears from falling.
"I don't feel any love towards her, I felt hatred, I couldn't control it but she's the reason I lost y/n. What if I never love her? What if I always feel hatred towards her" I sobbed.
"We understand Niall, but all you need to do is spend time with the baby and realise that you're lucky you still have a part of y/n with you and that's your daughter" My dad said.

"C..can we go see her?" I asked and they nodded.
They led me back to the hospital and to the room that had a hospital crib in there which contained my baby.

I picked her up slowly and gently.
"Do you have a name for the baby?" A nurse asked and I shook my head.

"What should I name her?" I asked.
"It's your baby, you need to name her" my mum said.
"Well right now I don't have any ideas and her hospital bracelet just says Horan so I think I need a little help" I said getting frustrated .
"Okay, okay, did you and y/n talk about names?" My dad asked.
"A bit" I said.
"Well what was a favourite between the two of you?" My mum asked.
"We both liked Aaliyah Grace" I said.

*****

Aaliyah Grace Horan
Born on the 25th May
At 12:04pm