#64 He teaches your child sign language

This is a request!
In this imagine you have lost your hearing . Also you can still talk

Niall's POV

Y/n had lost her hearing about a year ago, when Aaliyah was 2. Y/n is on the list to have an operation that will improve her hearing so she can hear again but she will only be able to have the operation in at least two years so I have learned sign language to talk to her.

****

Y/n was in the kitchen cooking dinner and I was in the music room playing guitar.

Aaliyah came running into the room. I put my guitar down and lifted her onto my lap. "What's up baby girl?" I asked my 3 year old daughter.
"Daddy, why can't I talk to mummy anymore? And why can't she hear me?" She asked.
"Well, mummy has a problem with her ears which means she can't hear anything including us, but there's a special language used to talk to people who can't hear, it's called sign language and that's how I talk to mummy " I explained in a way she would hopefully understand.
She looked deep in thought.
"Daddy, can you teach me how to talk to mummy?" She asked.
"Of course princess, what do you want to learn first?" I asked.

"Teach me how to say I love you mummy" she said and I smiled.

I showed her how to say it and she copied and kept practicing until she could do it. She jumped off my lap.
She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the kitchen.
I smiled at y/n .
"She has something to tell you" I signed to her. She smiled and looked at Aaliyah.
"I love you mummy" She signed. Y/n grinned. "I love you too sweetheart"
y/n signed back and Aaliyah smiled leaving the room.

"Are you teaching her sign language?" She asked. I nodded. "Thank you, I can finally have a conversation with her"
Y/n said. "Your welcome, I'd do anything for you and my little princess" I signed and she smiled wrapping her arms around my neck. "I love you" she whispered. "I love you too" I signed to her before wrapping my arms around my waist and kissing her.