#104 Family picnic

"Niall? Where are we meeting your mum and dad?" I asked entering the room with our youngest child, our 1 year old daughter, Isabelle , in my arms.

"We are meeting them at the park, Ethan's ready, he's downstairs and I just need to put Aaliyah's shoes and tights on" He said while focusing on putting our 5 year old daughters tights on. "Okay, I'll get Ethan and the baby in the car then" I said and he nodded.

"C'mon Ethan, were getting in the car" I told my 8 year old son, Ethan .

Ethan got in the car and fastened himself in and I put Isabelle in her car seat. I got in the passenger seat waiting for Niall and Aaliyah.

Niall came out with Aaliyah and put her in her car seat. Niall got in the drivers seat and began the drive to the country park.

******

We arrived at the Park. Ethan and Aaliyah got out the car and I got the picnic basket and blanket while Niall carried Isabelle.

"I can see them" I told Niall.

Ethan and Aaliyah ran to Maura and Bobby as Niall and I walked behind with Isabelle in Niall's arms.

"Grandma! Grandpa!" Ethan and Aaliyah yelled.

*****

We all sat down, Isabelle on Niall's lap . Ethan and Aaliyah had gone on the playground.

"Can she walk yet?" Maura asked. We shook our heads. "She'll be walking soon" Bobby said. "She can crawl though" I told them.
"Princess, show grandma and grandpa that you can crawl!" Niall said to Isabelle in a baby voice sitting her on the picnic blanket. "Go to grandpa!" Niall told her.
She smiled at him showing her two teeth. She bang to crawl back to Niall and we all laughed.
"I know you love me princess, but go to grandpa!" Niall told her chuckling. She turned around and crawled to Bobby.
When she reached him Bobby picked her up, throwing her in the air and catching her.

"Dadda!" Isabelle said reaching towards Niall.
"Such a daddy's girl" I muttered and I heard Maura laugh from next to me. "She is!" I said.
"I know" Maura said.
I glanced back over. Niall was sat with Isabelle on his lap and he was talking to Bobby.

"I love the fact that he's so close with the 3 of them, mainly the girls but It's just whenever he leaves for tour again, I don't know what I'm going to do. Because Isabelle will only calm down if Niall holds her and Aaliyah will only calm down after a nightmare if Niall takes her into bed with us and cuddles her" I explained to Maura.
"I'm guessing Ethan is a mummy's boy" Maura said and I nodded.
"Yeah, but he's close with Niall too, They often go golfing together or go to play football" I told her.

"Isabelle is still a baby though, baby's are always more close to one parent until they et to about Aaliyah's age and obviously Isabelle is closer to Niall. But there's no need to feel bad. Isabelle will get used to Niall going away, Just like Ethan and Aaliyah. And you usually visit him quite a lot anyway" Maura said.
"I know, I just sometimes feel bad when Niall's away on your,I have the kids and they just cry for Niall. Ethan doesn't do it anymore because he's older but Aaliyah does sometimes and Isabelle did when he went on tour not long after she was born" I told her.
"There's no need to feel bad, it's normal for daughters to have a strong bond with their dads . And Aaliyah always goes to you if she wants to do cooking or baking or anything, she just so happens to go to Niall if she has a nightmare. And we all know that Niall's a lot softer with the kids than you, especially Aaliyah. So she knows if she goes to Niall she'll be allowed to sleep in your bed" She said and I nodded.

"Mummy! Daddy!" Aaliyah yelled as he ran over to us . "Ethan's nose is bleeding!" She said. Ethan was walking over to us.
He reached us and Niall handed him some tissues.
"What happened this time?" I asked since he is always hurting himself .
"I tripped and hit my face on the floor" he said.

*****

"Dad? What was your reaction when you held me for the first time?" Niall asked Bobby.
"Well, I'm not going to lie I cried, but I've witnessed you holding these 3 for the first time , my reaction was just like yours" Bobby answered. "So you cried, and didn't put me down for ages?" Niall asked and Bobby nodded.

Niall readjusted Isabelle and stood her up between his legs, supporting her by holding onto her under her arms.

"Princess! Can dadda have a kiss?" Niall asked puckering his lips. Isabelle smiled cutely and pecked Niall's lips.
"Mwah!" Niall said and Isabelle giggled.

Niall laid back and lied on the grass with Isabelle sat on his stomach.
"Dad?" Ethan asked. "Yeah bud?" Niall asked . "Can I play on your phone?" He asked. Niall handed Ethan his phone. "Do you know the passcode?" Niall asked. "Is it still the same?" Ethan asked and Niall nodded. "I do" ethan said.
"Mummy?" Aaliyah asked. "Yes you can" I said handing her my phone already knowing what she was going to ask. "Tanks!" She said, her Irish accent showing.

Ethan and Aaliyah where now on mine and Niall's phones.

"The kids remind me so much of Niall when he was younger" Bobby said. "Especially Isabelle" Maura added and I nodded.
"I know, They are all exactly like him, personality and looks" I said. "I know" They agreed. "I'm glad they got his eyes though" I told them. "Every time she was pregnant and we would talk about what we think they'd look like, she always said I hope they have your eyes" Niall chirped in.

"What are you doing, princess?" Niall asked as Isabelle was playing with his hands.

Niall was still lied on the grass with Isabelle on his stomach.

"Ahh!" Isabelle sighed happily making a noise as she lied down on Niall's chest hugging me. "Aww you want a hug princess?" Niall asked.

*****

Now, Niall was lied in his back in the floor with Ethan and Aaliyah lied on him.
"You're all weirdos!" I said as Isabelle left my lap and crawled onto Ethan and Aaliyah. I chuckled and took a photo of the three , Maura and Bobby where in the background of the photo.

@y/n_Horan: spending time with Maura,Bobby and my little crazy family! Love this photo, it just shows how close Niall is with the kids! X