Chapter 8

Dedicated Chapter Song: Ugly - Nicole Dollanganger

Anything that is beautiful, people want to break. And you are beautiful, I'm afraid.

      Anna had put the Corporal to sleep, though it took a while to drag him to his bed

      Anna had put the Corporal to sleep, though it took a while to drag him to his bed. She practically just dragged his chair across the ground and lifted him out, placing him on the bed. She knew Levi would kill her if he woke up and saw what she'd did to and for him, so she scurried out of his bedroom, but stopped upon seeing the massive stack of paperwork on his desk. Scanning it, her golden eye flickered. "About 1,000 reports...200 requisitions...." she mumbled. "With my basic knowledge I can finish all of that in about...2 hours and 9 minutes." she plopped herself into his chair and grabbed the quill. "Who needs sleep?" she grinned, then slightly heard the commander snoring and frowned. "Oh, right. Him."

       Taking a look at previous samples of Levi's signature and handwriting, Anna was able to practically forge his signature perfectly and handwriting, signing dozens of documents a second with her right hand, and filling out reports and requisitions with the other. By the time it was the dead of the night Anna had finished, leaving the documents in a neat pile on the commander's desk. "I hope he doesn't get angry with me..." she mumbled, then checked the clock. "Jeez, almost 3. I should get some kind of sleep before the days really starts." she stood up and checked on the commander one last time- still fast asleep- before rushing out of his room and into her own. She stripped from her attire down to something comfortable like a nightgown, then plopped herself onto her bed.

      Anna had exhausted herself enough to the point where she believed she could sleep for days. She curled up with her sheet and blanket, falling asleep in about five minutes. She disliked sleeping because she always had nightmares, but found that night that she was able to sleep without one happening. Though her sleep was short lived as two hours later she was rudely awoken by a loud rapping against her door.

She angrily groaned and sat up. "What?" she barked. Levi's voice came from behind the door. "Get up, Urrie. You have some serious explaining to do, you dirty brat!" Anna stood and walked over to the door, hesitantly cracking it open to see a very angry Levi glaring at her. He had a sword out, aiming it at her neck.

She smugly smirked. "Is that a sword in your hand, corporal?" she teased. "Or are you just happy to see me?" Levi looked even more pissed off. "Care to explain exactly what happened in the last few hours?" Anna realized her nightgown didn't go down to her thighs to cover the syringe wounds. Knowing this, she scooted her body further behind the door. "Sir? I'm afraid I don't understand."

      Levi chided. "Of course you don't, you shitty brat. I told you not to distract me from my work with your singing and yet-" Anna cut him off abruptly. "With all due respect, Levi, you were on the brink of passing out any second there. I only helped you fall asleep faster for your own sake. If you were wondering about your paperwork, I realized you'd only gotten about 30 requisitions done and 90 reports read in the time I was there." she stated. Levi grunted.

      "Now either you can't handle yourself watching me clean, or you were too fucking tired to continue. I chose to believe the latter seeing as you were closer to falling asleep than anything else." she smiled simply. "Was that all, Corporal?"

      Levi said nothing and only stared- again. Typical Levi. Anna nervously giggled. "Well, goodnight, sir." she went to shut the door, but he reflexively reached out and held it open. "What are you hiding, Anna Urrie?"

      Anna gulped and her eyes dilated a little smaller. "Hiding...sir?" she questioned. Levi shoved the door open more, forcing Anna to step back. She quickly turned her back to him the second he was in her room. "C-Corporal... " she began to stutter out of nervousness. "This is.... highly inappropriate.... "

       "Does it look like I give a fuck? Turn around and face me when speaking to me." Levi ordered. Anna shook her head. "I'd rather not." she said. She suddenly felt the cool metal of his blade against her neck. She shivered. "Turn around and face me," Levi said, a little slower. "Or I'll cut off your hair and make you look like the men."

Anna let out a small whimper and held her hands up defensively, slowly turning around. His eyes widened upon seeing the wounds on her legs. "What... are... those?" he motioned to them. Anna looked down, her breathe shaky. "If it's all the same to you.. I'd rather not talk about it. Please don't make me report you to Commander Erwin." she looked away from him, tears stinging her eyes.

      Levi eventually left, and when he did she locked the door. "Oh, shit... " Anna whimpered, covering her mouth as tears slid down her face. After a minute or two she shook off her emotions and wiped her eyes. "No. You're not a broken toy, Anna." she told herself as she began to get dressed.

It was still dark out, but she didn't care. There's no way she'd get any sleep anyways after knowing Levi had seen the marks of where she was used as a pin cushion. A test subject. A lab rat. She hated it. The only way she could get out her rage without hurting someone was to train.

When dressed in uniform, she looked in the mirror at her hair, anger now on her face. "So..." she yanked a blade from her 3DM gear. "He wants to try and break me? Let's see if I can break him first." she raised the blade to her long brown locks, then swiped it through. Her long brown hair fell to the ground beside her feet.