Chapter 11

Dedicated Chapter Song: Lost it All - Black Veil Brides

Then I lost it all. Dead and broken, my back's against the wall. Cut me open. I'm just trying to breathe, just trying to figure it out because I built these walls to watch them crumbling down.

      'Death is inevitable

      'Death is inevitable. We all die at some point in our lives. Though death is uncertain, it will come for us all.' Anna breathed heavily as her mother's words echoed in the back of her mind. She wasn't sure how, but she was beginning to slowly remember bits and pieces of her young life beyond the walls. She was so distracted that she barely heard Erwin's orders to switch to the 3DM gear once they reached some other town.

      "Anna," Levi hissed and she blinked, looking down at him. "What's wrong with you? Is your head filled with piss? Get it together, you shitty brat." Anna rolled her eyes and dismounted her horse. "Good luck with captain crankypants." Cullen nudged her shoulder. Anna frowned. "Yeah... right."

      "We'll split up into three groups!" Erwin commanded. "I will take lead of one group, Hanji will take the other, and Levi will command the last." Anna didn't care to hear the rest of what Erwin said and tuned him out as she checked her gear to make sure it all worked. "Anna," Levi said, though quiet so only she really heard him. She looked up to see his silver grey eyes were focused and concentrated. "Don't disappoint me." he said.

      "I won't, sir." she nodded. For the quickest of a split second she could've sworn she saw his lips curl into a smile. She blinked and it was gone. She must've been imagining things. "You don't need to call me 'Sir', Anna. I'm sure we're roughly about the same age."

      Anna snickered. "I can probably guarantee I'm older than you, shortcake." Levi's eyes turned away from her as Erwin commanded them to move out. He leapt into the air with his 3DM gear, soaring over the rooftops of the town like a graceful angel. Anna's lips pursed as she followed, soaring through the air.

      As the wind whipped through her hair she breathed. "So, this is what it feels like to fly..." she landed soundlessly beside Levi and her eyes widened excitedly upon seeing the town was infested with Titans. "20 Titans on the East Quadrant. 3 15 meters, 2 7 meters, 10 20 meters, 1 9 meters and 4 13 meters Titans." she stated. Levi raised his head seeing there were three Titans near them. "One on the right. Two on the left." he mumbled, turning to Anna and Petra.

      "Anna, you take down the one on the right. Petra, take care of the our fellow soldier down below." he said, and Anna noticed there was another member of the Military Police who had been crushed by a Titan, though he was still alive. His wounds were fatal, however.

"On it, captain!" Anna ran and flipped off the roof, landing in a crouch on the roof in front of the ugly creature. "How are you doing today, mister? Good? Little hungry? Craving some human flesh?" she grinned. The titan tried to reach for her but she backflipped out of the way. "Now, now, is that any way to treat your hostess? I was only trying to strike up conversation." she hopped up into the air as the Titan attempted to struck her again. "Alriiiight.... " she whipped out 2 flesh-piercing swords from her gear.