Chapter 14

Dedicated Chapter Song: Something Just Like This - Coldplay ft. Chainsmokers

Where'd you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss

Where'd you wanna go?How much you wanna risk?I'm not looking for somebodyWith some superhuman giftsSome superheroSome fairytale blissJust something I can turn toSomebody I can kiss

      It was long past nightfall by the time Anna had come even close to finishing picking the weeds. Though she was told earlier that afternoon she could stop, she insisted she would not rest until the entire yard was clear of weeds. Though she did not enjoy labor, it always seemed to keep her mind off of the other things tugging at her heartstrings. It was better to not let people see her in her broken down state then to let them near her. She had snapped with Levi. She didn't want to snap around anyone else.

       She could feel someone watching her work from one of the higher up windows in the headquarters, but she didn't dare look at them. She continued to rake the field, smiling as she began to uncover beautiful lavenders in the meadow. She stopped working for a moment to pluck one and sniff it, sighing in relief at the beautiful scent, swaying a bit in the gentle night breeze. She had finally finished, and was dead tired, but still refused her body to go inside. She never really got to expierience the moonlight. Anna placed the lanvender behind her ear, tucked gently in her chocolate brown tresses.

      "Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavenders green," she sang softly, running her fingers along the soft lavender. "When I am King, dilly dilly, You shall be Queen." Levi looked out at her as he heard her familiar voice singing. Anna sat down in the field on Lavenders and stared up at the stars. "Who told you so, dilly dilly, who told you so?" she laid back and placed her hands over her chest. "T'was my own heart, dilly dilly, that told me so." her eyes flickered to Levi for a split second, and she smiled. "Call up your men, dilly dilly, set them to work. Some to the plow, dilly dilly, some to the fork. Some to make hay, silly dilly, some to cut corn." she raised her voice just a little to hold the note. Levi's lips pursed as pulled down his white bandana to try and say something to her, but he did otherwise.

"While you and I, dilly dilly, keep ourselves warm." Anna sighed quietly. "Lavender's green, dilly dilly, lavender's blue. If you love me, dilly dilly, I will love you." She let out a small yawn. Levi turned away from the window and walked elsewhere. "Let the birds sing, dilly dilly, let the lambs play. We shall be safe, dilly dilly, out of harms way. I love to dance, dilly dilly, I love to sing." she heard soft footsteps in the grass as she soon started to fade to sleep.

      "When I am Queen, dilly dilly, you'll be my King. Who told me so, dilly dilly, who told me so? I told myself, dilly dilly, I told me so...." her eyes involuntarily closed on her due to lack of sleep in the past couple of days.

      Though half-asleep, she was still conscious when she felt a pair of arms slide underneath her body and lift her up. A sleepy smile played upon her lips as she mumbled the name "Levi" tiredly. She heard the faintest of chuckles, and wasn't sure if she were dreaming it or not. "Damn brat." she curled up against his chest, gently gripping onto his uniform. This was the only time someone would remotely care about her. She might as well take advantage of it while she had the chance.