Chapter 51

Dedicated Chapter Song: One Love - The Marianas Trench

So don't stop. There's no stopping us yet. What if the one true love is the only one that you yet?

      Anna's eyes widened at the bright lights ahead, seeing the hundreds of carriages already at the building

      Anna's eyes widened at the bright lights ahead, seeing the hundreds of carriages already at the building. "So..." she breathed out. "This is a party?" Levi looked over to the girl beside him. "Nervous?" she gulped. "As nervous as the first time I killed a Titan. Expecting the same result: death."

      "Oh, please." Levi scoffed. "You're not going to die." the carriage door opened on her side and a man stood before her, offering his hand. "My lady," he addressed her. Anna raised her head and took his hand, gently stepping out from the carriage. "Thank you." she responded and awaited Levi and Erwin. "There's so many people here..." she said to herself.

      "Stay close to us." Levi said. "Don't get lost in the crowd." Anna nodded, suddenly becoming a flustered mess as men started to stare at her, some whistling. Though she was typically used to just flipping them off, this was a formal event, and she didn't want to ruin the Scouts' reputation. A hand suddenly was on her lower back and she stiffened, only to see Levi glaring at the men who were giving her stares. He mouthed the word "mine" and the men turned away, knowing exactly who he was and what he'd do to them if they messed with his date.

      After all, she was technically his date, even if the two of them were there with Erwin. Anna raised her head proudly, occasionally smiling at those who were kind to smile at her. "Our table is this way." Levi directed her. She stumbled a bit on her heels, but quickly regained her balance. "Sorry." she mumbled to Levi. "Just keep your head up and don't make eye contact with anyone." he instructed. "As you wish." she replied, doing just that.

      Eventually they reached their table, each taking a seat and observing the guests around. There were many individuals Anna still did not know, but those that were important she had recognized immediately.

      "I'll grab us some drinks." Erwin said, going over to the food table. "Holy shit..." Anna breathed, seeing the buffet of food. Levi snorted. "Never seen such lavish foods before?" she looked over at him. "What do you think?" she spoke. "I've had to eat dirt half my life."

      "Well, tonight you can feast your heart out." he motioned to the table. Anna bit her lip as she stood up, slowly padding her way over to the buffet table to take up a tray of food.

      "Erwin!" called a petite woman in a ball gown. Her hair was in curls, spilling down her back. "I was hoping I'd run into you at one of these ridiculous things." she smiled sweetly at the Commander. "It's nice to see you again, Marie." he replied. She laughed at him. "I should hope so! How many years has it been?"

      "More years than I'm comfortable counting." Erwin chuckled. "Please, you've aged like smooth whisky. The eyebrows are the same, though." she lightheartedly laughed. "You're mocking my brows when you still have that gap in your teeth?" Erwin retorted. "Always."