Chapter 26

Dedicated Chapter Song: Hurts Like Hell - Fleurie 

I loved and I loved and I lost you...

      Anna rolled her eyes while tying up Levi's horse as Eren continued to bitch about how Levi didn't trust them

      Anna rolled her eyes while tying up Levi's horse as Eren continued to bitch about how Levi didn't trust them. "Would you quit your bitching?" she hissed. "Are you implying that we're not trusted by the Commander and the Lance Corporal?" Petra asks. "No!" Eren defended. "But that's what it seems like!"

     Orou gritted his teeth. "Petra! Yank his teeth out! Swap his front teeth with his molar!" he shouts, pointing his sword angrily at Eren. Anna leaned against a tree and sighed. "Eren's not wrong." she stated. "I think the Commander has a reason for keeping this from us." Orou snorted. "Shouldn't you know? You've been sleeping with Levi for over a month now. You should know all of his dirty little secrets." Anna whipped a dagger from her belt and threw it at him. It slashed through his cape and buried itself into the trunk of the tree behind him, holding him down. 

       "I'd advise not speaking to me with such rudeness, Orou, or else I'll make your death look like an accident." she walked over and yanked the dagger from the tree. "Do not tempt me." her eyes flashed as her lips formed a flat line. "There's only one reason to not trust your comrades," Eld began. "A transforming human...a Half-Titan...or perhaps, a spy working with such person is amongst us." Eld jerked his head to the side and glanced down. Anna scoffed. "Do you really think that?"

      "At any rate, that's what the Commander must be suspecting. I dare say the only survivors from five years ago were a part of the plan." Eld speaks. "I see." Gunther mumbles, glumly. "So that's what it was." Orou frowns. "There's no doubt about it. Well, Eren?" he turns to the wide-eyed boy. "That's how it is." Eren confirmed. "If that's the case, it makes sense," Anna picked at her fingernails, grimacing at the dirt underneath them. "Maybe they're assuming the enemy slipped in five years ago, when the wall was first destroyed." she shrugged a shoulder. "Then narrowing down the suspects accordingly."

      "Then," Eld looked at her. "the spy is also the one who killed Sawney and Bean?" Petra mumbled something. "So that's what the commander meant back then." Eren repeated. "'What do you see? Who is the real enemy?'"  Anna blinked. "If we had answered that, we may have been able to participate in the true operation." Eld raises a hand underneath his chin. "I don't think such a person exists." Orou begins to boast. "I knew it all from the start! But you see, I chose not to answer." Anna once more scoffs and rolls her eyes. "Do you guys understand why?" Anna smirked. "Because you never knew from the beginning?" she replied. Orou glares daggers at her. "What? You don't? Well, given your rank, I'm not surprised. You guys aren't quite up to par with me, after all."

      Anna had had enough. She flourished her dagger at him again. "Quit trying to be like Levi and do what you do best- bite your tongue." she sneered. Orou's face goes red in anger. Soon Anna fell to her knees and covered her ears at the inhumane shriek echoing through the forest. "Anna?" Eren asks worriedly. She put out a hand to stop him. "I'm fine," she insists and stands again. "Your commands, Anna?" Petra asks. Anna watches as blue flares went off above them, one by one. "Mount your horses! Prepare to withdraw!" she ordered, grabbing her pale horse and swinging herself up onto the saddle.