Chapter 35

Dedicated Chapter Song: Animal - Neon Trees

Here we go again. I kinda wanna be more than friends...

      Anna giggled as she fell back onto the bed

      Anna giggled as she fell back onto the bed. "You still owe me a proper kiss." she reached up and grabbed Levi by his collar, pulling him down to her. "And a cup of tea." she added. Levi scoffed lightly, but hovered over her. "Running to grab a cup of tea will ruin the moment, shitty brat." he placed his arms above her. She grinned. "And what a moment it is. I always love being in an intimate position while simultaneously being insulted." she joked.

      Levi snorted, his lips just barely curling up in a smile. "Shut up." he whispered, ducking his head down to gently press his lips against hers. Anna tightened her hand around his collar and shut her eyes, taking in the moment. She let go of his collar and ran both her hands up into his hair, tangling her hands in his dark locks.

      Levi ran his hands along her waist, eventually getting around to unbuttoning her shirt. For the first time, Levi broke away first. "Next time," Anna breathed out. "Don't ever make me wear such hideous clothing." she laughed. Levi snorted and took the filthy shirt, placing it in the hamper. "I suppose it's my fault that shirt is ruined now."

      Anna sat up and stretched a bit, letting out a small yawn. "Mm.. Sleepy..." she mumbled. Levi leaned back on the bed. "Then sleep, child." he insisted. "I'm not a child, Ackerman!" she stuck out her tongue. "You certainly fucking act like one." he mumbled.

       "Oh, shush. You know you love me." Anna laid down. Levi rolled his eyes. "Go to sleep, Anna." he pet her head. She smiled, wrapping her arms around him. "Thank you, Levi. For helping me make it back to reality." she laid her head against his shoulder. "Anything for you." Levi ran his fingers through Anna's silky hair. "Levi?" she asked after a moment of silence.

      "Hm?" he replied. "What... I mean... are we... well... how do I put this? Are we...just friends?" she asked nervously. "Just friends...?" Levi mumbled, thinking to himself. "I'm not sure what you mean." Anna sighed. "Are we together or is all of this," she frantically motioned between the two of them. "Just for shits and giggles?"

      Levi let out a quiet sigh and looked up at the ceiling. "I've never been in a relationship, Anna." he admitted. "In fact, before you, I've never kissed anyone before." Anna gasped softly, her body shaking just a bit. "When you first arrived I tolerated you as I would all the other recruits. But you're not like the others. You're different. You understand me more than anyone here because you've lived through nearly the same. I suppose I let that tug at my heart and lead me to believe I felt something for you."

      Anna's eyes saddened. "So you... don't have... feelings for me?" she mumbled. "No! I mean yes! I mean-" Levi groaned. "Shitty brat... I don't know what I feel, alright?" he put a hand to his head. "All I know is that I want you beside me but... I don't want anyone else to know. Got that?"