Chapter 50

Dedicated Chapter Song: Nothing Left To Lose - The Pretty Reckless

Callin' out sins just to pass the time. My life goes by in the blink of an eye. I know you want me, I was only lookin' for a friend. And everything I was and everything I've become just falls into the end.

 And everything I was and everything I've become just falls into the end

      "Oh my god, I'm in a dress." Anna stared at the mirror before her. She was dressed up in a  dark blue ballgown, with silver at the bottom, sprinkling its way into the bodice. "Hanji, this is not a fucking drill! I'm in a dress!" she cried. "You look gorgeous!" Hanji clapped happily. "You never had to wear a dress." Anna pouted. "Why do I have to?"

      "Erwin insisted." she shrugged. "Apparently adding an elegant appeal will make people less likely to try to kill you." she shrugged. "Or something like that. Levi picked out the dress. He said it went with your eyes."

      Anna nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, her face flushing red. "He was right," Hanji added, taking Anna's hair and beginning to braid it. "You know, don't think I'm ignorant, Anna."

      "What do you mean?" Anna glanced at her in the mirror. The smirk on Hanji's face made her stomach flip. "I know you and Levi are together. He acts so different around you and he's almost always seen around you." she chuckled lowly. "Also...I know what you two did last night."

      Anna's eyes widened and she hid her face behind her hands. "Please don't tell anybody," she begged. "We want to keep things between us for right now." Hanji smiled, putting a headband of diamonds and pearls onto her head. "I won't."

      Anna removed her hands to gape at her reflection, completely in awe of how beautiful she looked. "I... I..." she stammered, staring at the unfamiliar girl in the world beyond the mirror. "Is that me?" she muttered, touching the sides of her face. "You look like a queen." Hanji clapped. "Where did Levi even get this dress? And this...crown?" she looked at her. "Oh, he and Erwin headed out early to the interior to get some supplies for the party tonight." she grinned. "You were...kinda not allowed out of your cell at the time sooo...Levi just picked your dress for you." 

      Anna laughed softly, looking back in the mirror. "He did a good job. I can even hide some knives in my garters-" 

"No weapons!" Hanji pouted. "Aw, but-" Anna whined. "No. This is a formal event. If you have to kill someone, do it with kindness." the door behind them opened. "What's taking the two of you so long-" Levi cut himself off as Anna turned around to face him. "Not bad, four eyes." he glanced to Hanji. "At least she was willing to wear a dress." 

      "But then she can't sneak food out!" Hanji complained. "Yeah, but I can still sneak weapons in." Anna tried to reach for a letter opener. "Bad!" Hanji slapped her hand, making Anna recoil it. "Ow! Hey...I wasn't actually gonna stab somebody with it." she rubbed her hand. "...maybe." Hanji grabbed her by the arms and walked her over to Levi. "Take her. She's going to look for anything pointy to try and hide in her dress."