Chapter 57

Dedicated Chapter Song: Middle Fingers - MISSIO

I'm a simple loner who the hell thinks that I care
I am not the party, middle fingers in the air

      "You're going to be aiding us in the rebuilding of Wall Maria?" Anna stared at her pink-haired friend, who was getting her blood tested by Hanji

      "You're going to be aiding us in the rebuilding of Wall Maria?" Anna stared at her pink-haired friend, who was getting her blood tested by Hanji. "Yup." her mellow friend replied. "In Titan form, no less."

      "Ah- gah- yeah, but why?" Anna stuttered, following the Commander as she went over to the new couple of captured Titans. "Because your wedding needs to happen before you're both in the ground."

      "I'm not engaged! We're not getting married!" Anna insisted. Rose frowned, snapping her fingers in front of the Titans to get their attention. "Really? Such a pity. I was so sure you'd marry Cullen but when he croaked I was disappointed. Now to hear you've got another man in your life just makes me even sadder you won't marry him." she jumped back as a Titan tried to snap at her. Hanji's men attempted to pull Rose away, but she waved them off.

      "Look, the only way Levi and I would ever get married is under his condition that we restore Wall Maria. Then, and only then, will we get married." Rose smirked at her over her shoulder. "Then there isn't any time to waste, is there?"

      "What do you expect to do?! Have us both go out there and slaughter a thousand Titans just to put a few bricks on the Wall before retreating?!" Anna demanded. Rose shook a finger at her. "Watch your temper," she motioned to the gloves on Anna's hands, which Rose insisted she wore to prevent her from suddenly wanting to bite her hand.

      "I've already got reinforcements at the gate to Shinganshina as we speak, rebuilding it. My vanguard is working around the clock with our supplies to begin rebuilding for you." Anna's eyes shimmered, confusion lurking behind them. "Why?" she whispered. "Why are you helping me?"

      Rose's lips curled as she looked at the Captain over Anna's shoulder. "Because you don't find a fine piece of ass like that every century." she winked and walked away to help out Moblit. Anna let out a flustered sigh, her eyes wide and her face red.

      "Are you dying?" Jean asked. "I might be." she replied quickly, making him stare at her in shock. "You should see a doctor."

"You should shut up." Anna replied. "No more doctors for me. Nu-uh, horse face." she shook her head. Jean grumbled at her. "Hey, Captain, your girlfriend is insulting me again!" he called to Levi, who only looked at the two of them. "Clearly not enough if you're still bothering me." he mumbled.

      "He's not even going to deny I'm his girlfriend..." Anna put her head into her hands. "Fuck my life." Jean leaned over. "It seems like the Captain is totally willing to do that-" before he even had a chance to truly finish, he was pinned to the ground, a heel digging into his chest. "I warned you to shut up." Anna reminded. "Say one more thing about the Captain and I and my boot will go straight through your heart."