Chapter 46

Dedicated Chapter Song:  Party Bomb - Drama Club

It's a house drug party. It's a freak love party.

      "Cheers," Anna smiled as the 104th and the vets all raised their cups and glasses to welcome Anna back

      "Cheers," Anna smiled as the 104th and the vets all raised their cups and glasses to welcome Anna back. She threw her pale head back and chugged down the alcohol faster than anybody else, making them stare at her. "Jesus, Anna, I don't want to know the kind of hangover you'll have in the morning." Connie said.

      "Oh, it's fine, I don't get drunk." Anna waved them off. "Just one of the perks of being me." she grinned. "Lucky bitch." Hanji hiccuped. "Zoe, how much alcohol did you have?" Anna arched an eyebrow. "F... fou... Five..." she counted on her fingers. "Shots?" Anna asked. "Bottles." Levi stepped in, yanking the wine decanter from Hanji's grasp. "No more alcohol for you, shitty glasses." he said and Hanji replied by whining.

      Anna laughed and nervously tugged at her crimson crop top. "Something wrong, Anna?" Armin asked. Anna sighed. "I just don't know what to do anymore, Armin. I'm free from that bastard and I actually get a chance to live my life... but at what cost?"

       "You mean the Titan thing?" he asked. Anna nodded. "You're not afraid of me, are you?" she asked. "I don't think any of us are really afraid of you because we've seen what you're really like." Anna shook her head. "I don't know what I'm really like anymore. All I've done for years is follow orders, keep my head up, don't drag your feet, make sure the kill is clean, run faster, jump higher, wear less, fight more. Blah, blah, blah." she sighed. "Now I can try to be who I really am... and I don't even remember who that is anymore."

      "Just act like how you feel is natural. If you act one way but feel it's not you, then act a different way. People make these things overcomplacated, but it's really not that hard to understand." Anna smiled at him as she took another sip of her liquor. "Thanks, Armin. No wonder you're the brains here."

      "That's what I'm here for." he replied. Anna glanced over at the rest of the group who were casually conversing among themselves. For the first time in what felt like forever, a genuine smile appeared on Anna's face and she shed a few tears of joy. "Anna? You're crying..." Sasha noted.

       Anna wiped her face with her wrist. "I'm just... really happy to be home." she sniveled. "Every one of you means more to me than you could ever understand. This is my family and I wouldn't trade it for the world." she stated.

      "Hey, Anna, it's a little boring in here without some music, wouldn't you agree?" Eren grinned. Anna arched an eyebrow. "And what do you want me to do about that, Jaeger?" Sasha gasped. "Sing for us, Anna! Please, please, please?"

      Anna smiled and grabbed a nearby cup. "Okay... this one is kinda one we came up with a long time ago in the Underlands." she set the cup down on a table, upside down before clapping her hands and moving it along to the beat. "I got my ticket for the long way 'round. Two bottle 'a whiskey for the way," she sang softly. "And I sure would like some sweet company. And I'm leaving tomorrow, wha-do-ya say? When I'm gone. When I'm gone. You're gonna miss me when I'm gone." she looked up at the group, nods and smiles on their faces.