Chapter 34

Dedicated Chapter Song: Davy Jones - Pirates of the Carribean

Cruel and cold like winds on the sea...

      "Woooohoooo!" Anna cheered, back-flipping in the air onto an Abnormal's head

      "Woooohoooo!" Anna cheered, back-flipping in the air onto an Abnormal's head. "How do you do?" she grinned, slashing at its weak spot. As the Titan fell, Anna used her 3DM gear to pull herself back up onto the roof. "See ya." she saluted simply, the blood on her hand evaporating shortly afterwards. Her eyes trailed over to where the 104th cadets were attempting to take down a Titan. "That kid Armin hasn't even gotten one kill and he's on this team?" she mumbled to herself. "He is the brains of his friends, though. Gotta give him credit for that." 

      "Anna! Behind you!"  Connie warned as a large hand swooped at Anna. She ducked, but it managed to smack her off the roof. She rolled down the side, managing to grab onto the edge. "That wasn't very nice." she put her sword in her mouth as she climbed back up. Connie swung behind the Titan, slashing at its neck, but didn't kill it. "Dammit! Too shallow." he spat, landing on the adjacent building. "I've got it!" Anna giggled, leaping up into the air. "This is what you get for tossing me about!" she spun down upon it, striking it's neck hard, losing her blade in its skin. "Thanks, Anna. I owe you one." Connie smiled. Anna grinned. "Don't mention it." she looked over as Mikasa took out a Titan of her own. "Good. Everyone is still alive." she breathed out. "No sign of that Female Titan anywhere nearby." her eyes looked over the wall and out towards the plains and forest. "Wasn't that the point of this mission? To search for the Female Titan?"

      "She took out our entire team and nearly killed the best soldier known to man." Connie stated. "I really don't see how they find this such a smart idea." Anna looked over at him. "I don't know either, kid. I just hope, whatever Erwin's plans are, they don't get any of us killed. I know we're willing to lay down our lives for humanity, but I believe we're only willing if it means our lives will actually mean something." 

      "Yeah," Connie sighed. "I guess I have to agree with you." Anna glanced over him. "Take care of yourself, okay? There's another one coming up on your six. I'm gonna go help out Armin." Anna leapt off the rooftop and flew over towards Armin, who was having trouble cutting deep enough into a Titan's neck. "I've got you buddy- Woah!" Anna exclaimed as the Titan swung up at her. She managed to move out of the way of the right hand, but the left swiftly came up and grasped her tightly. Armin gasped, his eyes wide and frightened. "Oh, for the love of..." Anna rolled her eyes, wiggling a bit in the Titan's hand. "Okay, I'll play along. Ah, I'm so going to die." she monotonously said as the Titan brought her to its mouth. "Anna!" Armin screamed. Anna just looked over at him and winked. 

      As the Titan brought her to its teeth, its hand loosened its grip on her, Anna slid her hand down to tightly grip her blades and she used all her might to slash up the inside of the Titan's hand, forcing it to let go of her. She dropped down onto the rooftop with a grin. While the Titan was stunned, Anna jumped up onto it's shoulder. "I can't believe you fell for that." she cackled, raising up her sword and bringing it down on its nape. Anna hopped over to Armin, who was still shaking. "Aw, cheer up, Armin. It's gonna take a lot more than that to kill me." she ruffled his hair. "Yeah..." Armin said.