Chapter 63

Dedicated Chapter Song: Into The Limelight - Trivecta feat. Danyka Nadeau 

Close my eyes, it's all coming to me. Who said these walls couldn't ever be breached? We all long for that one thing. A life that's worth living. And tonight there'll be a reckoning
I am ready. Are you with me?

       "When tomorrow comes I'll be on my own," Anna sang quietly as she strapped all of her gear on

       "When tomorrow comes I'll be on my own," Anna sang quietly as she strapped all of her gear on. "feeling frightened of the things that I don't know... when tomorrow comes..." In just one more day she'd be back where it all started. The Shinganshina District.

      She'd barely slept the previous night as the nightmares wouldn't cease. Rose had already been gone by the time Anna had awoken to start waking up her elite squad. Hearts were racing. People would die; there was no doubt about that. Death was inevitable, especially in this kind of outnumbered war.

      But no matter how many weapons you have or how many years you've trained, nothing scares you more than feeling cold and empty when you die. No bittersweet memories to look back on. Nothing to leave behind. Anna was proud to go into this fight with something to live for.

     "Is that everything?" Rose had asked and Anna had simply replied with a yes. To know what lied ahead of them would have been a miracle. More Titans than were originally prepared to fight. Almost half of Rose's vanguard was wiped out by the time they reached Wall Maria. 5,000 men dead in the fields. Anna wished she could feel pity for them, but at that moment she couldn't feel anything but numbness.

      Shinganshina seemed further than it originally was when she'd been brought to the Scouts, but then again she was knocked out for two thirds of the trip. Seeing the broken remains of the District, she could almost hear the screams that occurred almost seven years ago when humanity first came in contact with the Colossal Titan. To think that such a place would be abandoned in such a short time. Word had reached the Underlands of the Colossal Titan, but no one truly took it seriously.

      Now, seeing the District for what it was, Anna could not help but feel sorry for herself for not trying to help all those years ago. "There he is." Rose leaned over on their horse as Levi shot by in the air above them, followed by the rest of the Survey Corps flying through the streets, striking down several Titans at a time. "Go on." Rose winked.

      Anna laughed and hopped onto the back of her horse, steadying herself as switched to ODM and leapt high up into the air. "Woooohooooo!" cheered the girl. Levi looked over upon her sudden arrival. "We were wondering when you'd show up." he teased.

      "Can't let you have all the fun," she winked. "Mind if I steal your thunder?" Anna whizzed past him, easily barrelling down upon several Titan's necks, using the new technique she'd coined of flipping upside down and turning her blades backwards. Levi scoffed. "Tch. Show off." he mumbled, landing beside her on a roof. "Oh, you know you love me."