Chapter 55

Dedicated Chapter Song: You - The Pretty Reckless

And I want you in my life. And I need you in my life.

      "Corporal Levi," Rose stopped him before he left

      "Corporal Levi," Rose stopped him before he left. "Ms. Lariviere-" he addressed. "Rose is fine. I'm not into formalities." she dismissively waved about her hand. "I can't stay for very long, but I want you to know that Anna is a very close friend of mine and getting her exonerated was no small feat." Levi nodded in agreement. "On top of that, I'm aware of the feelings she has for you. I just want to advise you that whenever she cares about someone, she cares about them whole-heartedly with her heart and soul." Rose's voice quieted as a few people exited the courtroom.

      "If you love her the way she loves you, you'd realize how much the word "love" means to her. Don't use it lightly." she warned. "I won't." Levi promised. "Good." Rose smiled. "Because if you did, I'd be forced to castrate you. Sister's Honor." she placed her hand over her heart and winked.

      Levi only blankly stared at her. "Oh, and give Anna this when she returns." she held out a small silver ring on a chain. "It's a gift. She knows how much it means." Levi held out his palm and let her gently place it into his hand. "So I just hand it to her?" he asked, but she had gone without a trace.

      Every day she spent in that cell, she counted every second. Every minute. Every passing hour. Nothing mattered more to her than going home. And sometimes, she knew, home wasn't always a place. Sometimes home was a person.

      When the guards arrived to transport her back she couldn't have been happier. She was desperate to get home. No more hoops to jump through. She was sick and tired of being pulled away. The moment the door to the carriage opened she leapt out, throwing her arms around Levi, still with the handcuffs on.

      Levi jolted back, thankful it was only Erwin and Hanji with him. When she was uncuffed she then moved on to hug Hanji, crying softly. "Did you lay a hand on her?!" she yelled at the MPs, who were shaking in their boots at the Section Commander. "N-No, ma'am! She... She fell asleep in the carriage... she just started screaming and crying on the way here."

      "Thank you for returning her safely." Erwin said, putting emphasis on the word "safely". "You're dismissed." the MPs left as quickly as they'd came, leaving room for Anna to breathe. The second they left she fell to her knees, wretching what was left in her stomach. Both Erwin and Levi stepped away, but Hanji helped pull Anna's hair back.

      "The hell did they do to her?" Levi, though not wanting to get too close, kept a close eye on her. Hanji helped the sick girl to her feet. "I... I just haven't eaten in... " she sighed heavily. "Since the party..." she covered her mouth to prevent from throwing up anymore.

      "For fuck sakes, Anna! You need to eat!" Levi grabbed her by the wrist. "Let's go. That's an order!" Anna didn't refuse him. The only thing she'd been given by those greedy MPs was water. "God, Anna, what did they do to you?" Levi looked at her. "They didn't do anything." she told him. "Honestly. I just haven't eaten this week. I'm used to it but I had a nightmare on the way here and just the thought of it..." she shivered.