Chapter 47

Dedicated Chapter Song: When The Darkness Comes - Colbie Caillat

Now the door is open. The world I knew is broken. There's no return. Now my heart is not scared,
just knowing that you're out there.

 Now my heart is not scared,just knowing that you're out there

      "Man, that was fun." Anna said, breathlessly as she leaned against the bar. "We've gotta do this again." Hanji nodded. "Yes, yes, yes! We should totally have a buffet too." Anna shook her head. "That's...not gonna happen with how much food Sasha has stolen." Anna stated, making Sasha's face go red. "I-I haven't stolen any lately!" she defended. "Uh-huh. Suuuure." Anna playfully rolled her eyes. "I totally believe you." 

      "It's true!" Sasha whined. Anna laughed. "Okay, okay. If you say so." she walked away, getting ready to leave. Mikasa walked over to her, splashing her drink onto Anna's shirt and face. Anna gasped, her body tensing up in shock. "Oops." Mikasa said, though it was obvious she didn't mean it. Anna glared at her before realizing Eren was right beside her. Anna grabbed Eren by the collar and yanked him to her, kissing him in front of everyone. Eren was the most surprised of anyone. Everyone else just brushed it off, except Levi, who was mainly glaring at Eren. Anna let go of his shirt. "Oops." she replied simply and shoved past the angered Mikasa. "Later losers! This cat needs a nap." she grinned to the chorus of everyone saying "bye" or "see ya".

      Anna waved to them and headed out on her way, looking out to the training dummies. "Hmm..." she wondered. Anna padded over to one of the dummies, taking up a blunt knife from one of the racks. Levi stepped out a few moments later, his eyes locking on her instantly. Anna tilted her head as she brought her arm behind her head and tossed the dagger, letting it slip out of her palm and fly towards the dummy. It buried itself in the wall behind it. Anna's eyes widened, her mouth agape. "I...I....I missed?" she stuttered, staring at the dummy. "It's not as if the dummy moved so how did I..." she walked over to the wall and yanked the dagger out. "Oh. The dagger is warped." she mumbled. "How did I not notice that before?"

      "Something wrong?" Levi walked over to her. "The way this dagger was forged, yes." she handed it to him. "It somehow warped." Levi took the dagger and stared down at it. "It looks like it warped where you held it." he noted. "Try another dagger." he ordered. "I have a hypothesis." Anna nodded and picked up another metal dagger, stepping back to throw it at the dummy. Her eyes locked on her target and she tossed it exactly the same way, but still missed. "What the fuck?" she threw up her hands. Levi walked over and retrieved the dagger for her. "It's warped exactly like the other one." he stated. "I need to give these to Hanji." 

      "Why? What happened? What don't I know?" she demanded. Levi looked over at her. "It appears as though your skin is burning up to the point where you can melt the metal of the daggers." Anna furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't...feel like I'm burning up..." she mumbed. Levi placed the flat edge of the dagger to her skin, watching as it warped even more. "Let me get Hanji." he said and walked back into the mess hall. Anna huffed. "Great. Stupid Titan powers." she toed the ground with her boot.