Chapter 37

Dedicated Chapter Song: X Gon' Give it To Ya - DMX

First we gonna rock, then we gonna roll
Then we let it pop, don't let it go
X gon' give it to ya

First we gonna rock, then we gonna rollThen we let it pop, don't let it goX gon' give it to ya

      Anna grinned viciously. "Everyone back off!" she warned. Levi and Erwin had their swords drawn at the ready, but Anna waved them off. "Don't worry. It's all under control." Eren simply flicked her into a wall. Anna yelped and groaned. "Less under control..." she mumbled as she jumped to her feet. "Okay, motherfucker, that's how you want to play?" she grabbed a flesh-piercing sword from the ground and ran towards Eren in Titan form.

      "She doesn't have any gear!" Erwin said. Levi watched Anna. "She won't need any." he said, monotonously. Anna ducked between Eren's Titan legs and as he tried to swoop at her, she slashed at his ankle. He let out a small cry, stumbling a bit. Anna didn't take a second to look back as she continuing running towards the nearby wall.

      As Eren turned around to look at her she'd practically ran halfway up it, pushing herself off to leap through the air by his chest. "Surpriiiise!" she smiled as she dug her sword into his flesh. He roared so loudly everyone had to cover their ears. Anna groaned, going deaf for a moment due to her acute sense of hearing.

      "Fucker..." she mumbled as she pulled her knifes out from their holster on her hip and used them to stab into Eren's skin, pulling herself up along the way. Eren grabbed her from his chest and lifted her into the air. "Anna!" Connie yelled. Levi parted his lips. Anna looked down at the ground, unafraid. She arched her back and plunged into Eren's skull.

       Eren shrieked and tried to grab at her, but he was discombobulated. Anna took that as he chance to strike him in his nape. She yanked her knives from his cranium and slid down to his shoulders, but Eren raised up his hand to block his nap before she could get to him. Anna didn't quite expect that and she slipped off his shoulder.

      Eren caught her, thankfully, but she ran up along the inside of his arm, slashing up every square inch as she went along. "Oh, she's gonna fall and get hurt!" Hanji nervously bit her nails. "Have a little faith." Levi mumbled. Anna let out a battle cry as she slammed her daggers into Eren's neck. Though, not his nape, it still made him angry. Anna held onto her daggers in his skin as he tried to shake her off.

      When he finally managed to tear her from his skin he flipped her dozens of meters high into the air. Levi's eyes widened. "Oh, god... " Anna breathed, but she concentrated hard. She brought her daggers back behind her and threw them at Eren's nape. Luckily for her, her daggers were sharp enough to slice through his nape. As Eren's Titan body fell and disintegrated, Anna had nothing to fall on to cushion herself.

      Levi acted quickly and used his ODM gear to pull himself into the air, grabbing Anna by the arm. "Shitty brat!" he cursed. "I can handle myself!"Anna kicked and swatted at his arm. He arched an eyebrow and let go of her, letting her drop to the ground.

      Anna put her hand out first so when she impacted the ground she rolled into a summersault, ending up in a crouched position at the end. Everyone clapped and cheered. "You okay there, Jaeger?" Anna stood and walked over to Eren, who was still steaming from his Titan self. "Y-yeah. I'm good." he nodded.

      "That was more than impressive work, Annalise." Erwin spoke up from behind her. Anna spun on her heel and saluted the commander. "Sir!" addressed him. "She was ruthless, Erwin. Are you sure about this?" Levi landed behind Anna. Erwin's crystal blue eyes looked over to Levi. "You were ruthless when you first arrived. Now look at you. What makes her any different?" Levi shut up then and let Erwin continue.

      "What's all this about?" Anna asked. Erwin placed his hands behind his back. "Over the course of the last few months I've been tracking and studying your performance. We still had our suspicions about you up until the last expedition. You've proven yourself well, Annalise Kasahara." Anna smiled proudly. "Which is why as the Commander of the Survey Corps I'd like to appoint you the rank of Second in Command."

      Anna's eyes widened and she stared at him. "A-Are you serious, sir?" she stammered, looking back at everyone who gave her either reassuring nods or a thumbs up. Except the Ackermans, of course. Levi didn't look at her while Mikasa glared daggers at her. Anna turned back around to Erwin. "If you'll have it," he stated. Anna raised her head. "It's an honor, sir. One that I'll gladly uphold."

      "Welcome to the veterans team." he smiled. "Ooh, a secret club inside an elite club. I feel so special." she clapped happily. Hanji ran over and squished Anna tightly. "Oh my gosh! My baby Anna is all grown up now and a second in command! Eek! I'm so happy! You've made Mama Hanji proud!"

      "Get ooooff...." Anna whined. "That's an order." she added later on. Hanji grumped and let go of her. "Buzz kill." Anna smirked. "You'll have your own office located by the library and study room." Erwin explained. "You'll be expected to fill out reports and requisitions as well as come up with battle strategies as well. On occasion you'll be helping out Section Commander Hanji with her research. Is that understood?"

      "Loud and clear, commander!" Anna grinned happily. "Don't worry. I can handle it all." Erwin smiled. "Good. We're counting on you, Anna." she grinned brightly. "I won't let you down, sir!"

      "Holy shit! I didn't expect there to be a mountain of work to do

      "Holy shit! I didn't expect there to be a mountain of work to do..." Anna mumbled, seeing her new desk filled and overflowing with papers. "Ever since Eld died, reports and such have been overflowed. The Captain and the Commander can't do them all on their own. They each have their own duties." Hanji said.

      Anna sneezed. "Ugh... it's so dusty in here, too. Who cleaned this place?" she shook her head. "Never mind. I'll do it myself." she walked over to the towering bookcases that ran along the walls. "Woah... so many novels. In other languages, too. I'm going to enjoy reading these." she grinned. Turning to the desk in front of the large glass window, Anna let out a sigh. "We'd best get to work, then." she plopped down in her chair, a cloud of dust erupting from around her. She coughed and scooted her chair back to open the window. "Ugh... busy, busy, busy..." she shook her head, then turned back to Hanji.

      "That'll be all, Zoe. You're dismissed." she smiled. Hanji waved and headed to her lab. "Oh boy... This is at least 5 hours of work." Anna picked up a quill and dipped it into the pot of ink beside her. "Well, no time to waste."