11

You make me feel brand new “ by one of his all time favorite groups, The Stylistics  began to play.
Jordan tugged her hand as he got up from the booth.

“Dance with me ?” he asked softly
“H-here ?”

“Yes here “ Jordan’s husky voice whispered close to her ear.

Pulling Steph against his body Jordan’s eyes locked with hers.
“You do dance don’t you ?” he whispered smirking

“Y-yes “

“Stop that I’m not gonna hurt you .I just…” Jordan trailed off

Steph smiled  hoping to encourage him. “What ?”

“I just … I’m sorry its been a long time since I had to …. “

Steph arched a brow curiously.

Is Jordan actually  nervous around me ?

“I haven’t been single for a long time .Admitting that I just wanna hold you is hard for me” Jordan admitted shyly, not making eye contact with her.

The change in his voice, the averting of his eyes  shocked her. Jordan sounded as vulnerable as she felt.
Following Jordan’s lead Steph  wrapped her arms around his neck while they swayed to the music.
Inhaling deeply Steph was overtaken by  smell of the spicy muskiness that was all Jordan  mingled with the  scent  of mint from the gum Jordan recently spit out. It was quickly becoming her new favorite scent.

“You smell amazing too. Vanilla has always been my favorite “ Jordan whispered obviously hearing her sharp intake of breath   as he pulled her in closer to his body.
“I wasn’t ..I mean…”
“It’s ok I can't help but smell your amazing scent too .You smell edible”
Steph buried her face in his shoulder .
Jordan let it drop but held her close.
Someone must have changed the station Jordan thought as the unmistakable voice of Luther Vandross filled the small space.

Let me hold you tight if only for one night ,Let me keep you near to ease you’re your fear “Jordan sang softly in her ear.
The words  hit home , his voice singing them to her  melted her heart.
How’s he tearing down my walls already ?
As they danced Jordan hummed or continued to sing softly in Steph’s ear.
As the song concluded Jordan cupped Steph’s cheek in his hand turning it so he could look in her eyes .
He saw pain, uncertainty mixed with shock and adoration in those brown eyes.
Angling his head so his mouth could claim hers ,Jordan gently pressed his mouth to Steph’s.
Immediately she tensed. Jordan didn’t stop as he kissed her softly.

“I just wanted to kiss you so badly “ he whispered against her lips.
“I hope you don’t mind “ Jordan admitted softy as Steph stared at him shock all over her face.
“Uh-uh “ was all she could muster before he claimed her mouth again, with a low growl.
“Vanilla lip gloss too ?” he asked running his tongue over her bottom lip.
Steph shyly nodded into his lips
“I think I just found my  new favorite flavor “
Steph smiled shyly wondering if Jordan would kiss her again.