31

The buzzing of Jordan’s phone woke him earlier than he wanted. Pulling Steph into his arms he sleepily nuzzled her neck, ignoring the vibrating of the phone as he drifted back to sleep. Jordan wanted to spend every moment he could with her wrapped in his arms.
Was it possible to fall this fast ? He sure as hell hadn’t with Evelyn

Steph shot bolt upright as her heart beat out of her chest, Trying to catch her breath she pulled from Jordan’s embrace panicking. Gasping for air she managed to pull free of the death grip that Jordan apparently had around her. Scanning the room wildly Steph spotted her clothes from earlier ,snatched them from their spot on the floor holding them close to her body.

What the fuck are you doing ? He doesn’t want you like that its just words

The thoughts echoed in Steph’s head repeatedly as tears streamed down her face.
Those thoughts and the echoing of Jeremy’s harsh words ran through her head as she softly sobbed. Frozen and unable to move Steph stood silently watching Jordan sleep. All she wanted to do was crawl back into Jordan’s arms but she knew at some point he’d  leave and let her  go anyone she ever cared about always left or  let her  go.

Steph was so lost in her own head she never heard Jordan get out of bed.
Suddenly she felt warmth envelope her as skin met skin.
“Baby what’s wrong ? “
Steph hurriedly tried to swat the tears away but he saw them anyway.
Shit
“What are you doing ?”
“I uh I was um –“
“Gonna run away like nothing happened ‘ Jordan told her his voice thick with sleep but irritation was  evident.
Steph wouldn’t meet his gaze.
“Are you sure I’m the one who’s looking for a one night stand ? Or maybe it’s so you can just brag you fulfilled a fantasy “
Jordan’s words were harsh and cut deep.
“I-I “
“You what ? Tell me .. what “ Jordan’s voice was cold.
“I -Jordan I’m scared “
Immediately Jordan’s eyes softened as he wrapped his arms around her  pulling her body  back against his chest
“Of what sweetheart ?”
“This”
“I’m not following .. this ?”
“They always leave one way or another .I don’t think I can handle that again”
“They’re assholes. Death is another story altogether but the other is a cowardly bullshit excuse “
“I’m not leaving you not like that. If I leave I’ll always come back. Always. This is NOT a one time thing !“ Jordan told her exasperated.
Steph’s eye’s were hooded as she refused to look Jordan in the eye.
“Aren’t you going to say something ? Or is it just that ? I fulfilled a fantasy for you?”
“What do you want me to say ? That you mean more to me than that ? Because you do! “
“Yea I’ve heard that before “ Jordan hissed through gritted teeth.
The dam broke just then and Jordan could feel her shoulders shake with sobs.
“I’m sorry baby I didn’t mean that .Don’t cry”
“I love you “ Steph blurted.
Jordan turned her so they were facing one another. Pulling her into his chest he forced her to look into his eyes. It broke his heart to see how red and swollen her eyes were from the unnecessary tears she’d shed.
Pulling away Steph tugged her shirt over her head.
“I-I’m sorry I shouldn’t have –“
“Shouldn’t have what ? Said what you did ?”
Steph nodded. ”Yes”
“Were you just saying it to bullshit me ? Lying  to me ?”
Steph shyly shook her head “No”
“Then why take it back?”
“Because I didn’t think you’d believe me .That I was saying it because –“
Jordan silenced her with a finger to her lips.
“Shhh .Just come back to bed baby “
Jordan led her back to bed. He refused to let whatever asshole put such trash in her head to win.Steph  doubted herself, her feelings and if that kept up he was certain she would doubt him as well as them. Jordan refused to let that happen.