32

Jordan slid under the covers ,pulling Steph with him. Not wanting to make her more uncomfortable he slid his boxers on before pulling her into his arms again. Positioning them so she could rest her head on his shoulder Jordan kissed her temple
“Wanna tell me what brought that on ?”
Steph looked at him before burying her face in his chest.
“I know how your relationship with Johnny was .I understand the whole first love , first everything thing but between him and I somebody or several somebody’s mind fucked you hard core. We won’t be able to move forward unless we can get past this stumbling block”
Steph took a deep breath as they lay in the dimly lit room she explained her experiences with every man after her husband passed. There had not been many because the kids were her first priority but Jordan instantly picked up on the pattern of losers who showed a kind and caring widow what it was like to be used , as well as both mentally and physically abused.
A few hours later after Steph poured her heart out to him Jordan felt a much deeper connection to a woman who he knew would be different from just his normal fan. By nature he could tell was a nurturer someone who truly cared about people not their  social status.
Wiping her tears away Jordan lovingly rubbed her back
“You’re an amazing woman that has been through more than you deserve in any lifetime. You’re a fighter which is a wonderful thing.”
Here it comes … he’s gonna tell me he doesn’t feel the same or to fuck off
Steph attempted to pull away from him but Jordan didn’t let her budge. Refused to let her push him away.
“Look at me baby girl” Jordan softly demanded as he hooked his thumb and forefinger under her chin ,guiding her to look  up at him.
“First don’t ever be afraid of how you feel. Second please don’t hide from me and finally as short a time as this all happened you stole my heart when I wasn’t looking .I don’t know how or when but you have .I have never met anyone like you.  After our heart to heart just now I realized that you are genuine .You could care less about who and what I am as a professional  but because you are a nurturing person you actually see me. You care about my well being ,my thoughts , aspirations. That’s more than Evelyn gave me or cared about from the time we were kids. I’ve known her half my life and I’ve known you a much shorter time obviously so that is big. Huge. What I’m trying to say and  why I’m babbling  is that the heart knows what it wants, feels how it wants to feel. I love you baby girl.”
“What did you just say ?”