27

"Um Victor ?" Steph asked cautiously when she heard him answer
"Yes" Victor replied
"I uh well I took some of my pto time from work. I wanna surprise Jordan but I don't know how"
"Which shows do you want to go to?" He asked
"I can only do Uniondale. I  don't have a passport " Steph began to explain as it dawned on her that Jordan may be around Victor and if he heard the conversation he would know what they were planning.
"Wait he isn't close by is he ?" she asked suddenly
"You need a passport?" Victor  asked
"I don't know I've never been out of the US before "
"You will to get into Canada .Relax I'll take care of it. We'll have to meet up for the photo though" he told her.
"Ok but is there enough time ?"Steph  asked nervously. "And he can't know " she reminded him quietly as if Jordan would somehow know what they were talking about.
"There's enough time and I promise I'll keep it secret" Victor reassured her.
"It’ll be me  and Tiff you know she'll wanna see Joe "Steph warned .
"Aren't you guys like halfway there already? Or are you still in the area ?"
"I'm still here but the guys aren't. I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon" he told her.
"Why'd you stay behind or is that normal?"
”Just had a few things I had to take care of.” "Oh I hope nothing serious . Hopefully  all is well? “
“We’re all good sweets “ Victor reassured her.
“I gotta get transportation taken care of so I'll see you tomorrow .Thank you Victor"
"No  we got all that covered as well. It’s not a problem and I'll see you tomorrow" Victor assured her as he  hung up.
Steph looked at Tiff "Road trip?"
"Woo let's do it!" She said excitedly.
"Victor's gonna get passports etc I see him tomorrow before he leaves .The guys already left" Steph started rattling off all that had to be done nervously ,almost in full blown panic mode.
"Wait I don't know if I can do this .Am I insane ?I gotta call him back. I  can't do this "Steph anxiously rambled on feeing her heart begin to race, her chest tighten as sweat crept down her neck.
"Are you crazy? We're going" Tiff said as she took the phone.
"I told him not to tell Jordan I figured it would be a surprise .Maybe that's a  bad idea" Steph  continued to ramble reaching for the phone  from her daughter.
"You're not getting this back. We're going and surprising him now start packing" Tiffany replied adamantly sticking the phone in her pocket.
Glaring at her daughter "So help me if this backfires I'm throat punching someone " Steph spat.
The next afternoon  after a car showed up at her apartment Steph met Victor at the courthouse with the passport pictures that were taken that morning at the local Walmart specifically for  passports. He took the pictures in and came out a few minutes later with the passports.
"Here you go. The car will pick you up at seven  to take you to the airport. You'll be on a private plane" Victor told her as he handed her an envelope that contained   everything they needed.
"Huh?" Steph gasped
"Everything is taken care of. Just be ready by the time the car gets there. “Victor told her as he placed a hand on the door of the car he arrived in. As if remembering something important he turned back to her  “ Pack for a month" he told her  as he got in the car.
"A month? Did  you say something to  him ?"Steph demanded as he began to  pull away.
"No he knows nothing" he reassured her