48

Nothin I can do baby “ he whispered kissing her cheek  as he left the room before Marlene swatted at him.
When the room was cleared Marlene softly  looked at her
“Allison has always been overprotective especially of Jordan. Give her a minute to get used to everything
“I’m not gonna hurt your son. I’ve been hurt I know what that feels like. I also know what happened with his ex. I’m not her “Steph  reassured Jordan’s mother softly.
”I know dear but just give it time “ Marlene  smiled .
They chatted about the baby and the future as well as the fears she knew Steph wouldn’t bring up. Being the loving and kind woman she is Marlene offered tips and hints how to deal and cope with Jordan’s  fans ,not being home a lot and the moodiness that comes with it.

#
An hour later they were pulling into Jordan’s driveway. Steph’s nerves on edge, knowing it was time to meet his sons. His ex was supposed to meet them there to drop them off. The boys  ran up to their father as soon as he exited the car. Steph drew back and just watched the interaction. Once Jordan finished   quietly talking  to the boys he introduced them. His ex still stood there as if she was waiting for an introduction as well .Jordan blew her off until she got frustrated and just left. Jordan silently motioned her over as his youngest son clung to his neck. He led them all inside. The boy's questioning him a mile a minute.
”Hang on .Relax “ Jordan told them. After introducing them the boys politely said hello. Steph nervously said hello . The boys instantly began to question Jordan again. Steph felt like an outsider just watching.
I should have just gone home

A little while later  everyone began to warm up as they began to  talk. Things were going well through dinner and a game. Jordan got the kids to bed while Steph called to check on her own. Once they were in bed Jordan pulled her onto his lap in the recliner
“They really like you baby” Jordan whispered.
”I -I really like them too “ Steph stammered.
She did but the fact that this seemed so easy so fast scared the fuck out of her.Jordan  intertwined his fingers with hers
”So now what happens ?”Steph  asked softly.