46

"Hell maybe I should  just head home period .
It'll only be a couple of days early anyway " Steph whispered emotionally.
"There's no need for running away. Jordan will take care of everything with the fans. I know you two wanted to tell me in your own way but I already knew the moment I saw you" Marlene said softly.
"I-I''m not running " Steph stammered "I just want this show to go over well this album is amazing! It wouldn't be fair to Jordan  to have it ruined by all this"
"This hasn't ruined anything. He went through the same thing with his ex so he used to it. You deserve to enjoy yourself too" Marlene explained.
Is that what caused their breakup?" Steph  asked before she could stop herself.
"No. Evelyn  had some issues with being faithful" Marlene said bluntly
."How could she cheat on such an amazing man like Jordan ?I hate cheaters "
"I wonder the same thing sweetie" Marlene chuckled.
"I've been infatuated with your son since I was 12 but after meeting ,getting to know him, spending time with him I love who he is not what he is if that makes sense ."
” I understand what you are saying" Marlene replied softly
.Feeling the need to justify herself Steph continued
"I never imagined finding love again I sure as hell didn't expect it to be your son ."
Marlene smiled as she put her hand on Steph’s shoulder.
They continued to talk as they made their way to reserved seats. Realizing the rest of the Knight  family was seated there too anxiety kicked in.
"I -I don't know if I can do this "Steph admitted nervously.
"Yes you can. You have to stop being so scared. We're not going to hurt you"
"I'm trying ."Steph replied honestly
Marlene just smiled. David stood waiting to greet her
“So this is the beautiful creature who stole my baby brother’s heart “he said smiling,arms extended for a hug .
Steph remembered meeting him on the dance show she was on as a teenager as soon as she heard his voice. As Dave wrapped his arm’s around her he whispered “I remember you now. That dance show! Yea it was you!”
No use denying it it was out there and Steph knew it.
”Yup that was me “
”Ma Steph here  was a great shy kid .I don’t think she’ll hurt J “Dave  chuckled as Jon shoved him out of the way
“Don’t mind him he’s an asshole. Come sit with me and my mother Jordan has a special spot for you picked out “Jon explained  winking .