14

Stunned Steph nodded slowly. She heard Jordan’s distinct  chuckle before hearing his door close  Pulling a long shirt and her face wash out of the suitcase she walked to the bathroom stripped the clothes from the night before off ,washed what was left of her makeup off and pulled the oversize shirt over her head.  Walking back to the bed Steph climbed in, hoping  she would sleep for a little while despite her nerves. She picked up the phone in her room and called down to the desk for a wake up call for about two hours. Just as she hung up her phone vibrated.

Jordan Sweet dreams  <3

She smiled as she read the text .Unsure of what to say back she set the phone back on the nightstand and pulled the covers up willing sleep to come to her .

Three  Hours Later 

A soft knock on her door jolted Steph awake. Looking at the clock Steph  swore.

Fuck! They never called me.”

Another soft tap. Sleepily Steph got up out of bed and padded to the door. Opening it she squeaked.  There stood a smiling Jordan.

”You know you should have looked before opening that door.”
Realizing she wasn’t fully awake Jordan felt like an ass 

Shit! Did I wake you up?” he asked biting back a chuckle.

The phone in Steph’s room rang. She motioned Jordan to come in when the  room phone rang again. Walking over to answer it she thanked the hotel employee and  hung up.
”They were supposed to call an hour ago “Steph grumbled forgetting she wasn’t alone.

”They forget sometimes “ Jordan  snickered   amusement filled his voice.

Steph wondered what he found so amusing about the staff forgetting to call her ,when in her peripheral vision she caught a glimpse of herself

Realizing she was standing there in her  long t-shirt with nothing but her thong  on underneath she bolted to the bathroom without saying a word.

”Was it something I said ?” Jordan asked using no effort to control the chuckle that escaped him .
”No!!” Steph  replied  irritably
Shit!” she swore  as he heard her fumbling around in the bathroom.
”I’m sorry  that was rude “she called out as she turned on the water .Suppressing a laugh Jordan took pity on her.
“It’s ok. I’ll be back in a few minutes “He replied   through the door so she could compose herself.