16

When  their meal was finished. Jordan cleared the trash  and  sat on the bed patting the spot beside him.
”Movie ? “ He asked softly hoping he wasn’t pressuring her.

Steph  looked at him hesitantly, nervously .
”Lemme go shower first ?”

Jordan slowly  nodded 
“Use mine I’ll take your room key and grab you whatever you need to change into, that is if you trust me  “ he offered.
Steph handed him her key as she stepped into the bathroom for a shower.
Giggling she found his bottles of body wash and shampoo. Popping the lids open she sniffed.
Closing her eyes she let the source of his scent wrap around her.
After several minutes Steph finally  shut the water off  listening  for Jordan hoping he was back with her clothes. Not hearing movement outside the bathroom door Steph wrapped one of the hotel towels around her body before opening the door to peek out to see if Jordan was back yet.

What was he doing ? What in the hell  was taking him so long ?

Steph’s mind raced with questions wondering if she had once again been played for a fool. Feeling her irritation grow Steph flung open the door in search of Jordan. The force she used to open the door dislodged the towel around her.
Looking like  a deer in headlights Steph’s eyes met Jordan’s as she lost the struggle to keep the damn towel closed.
Steph’s heart skipped  beats for a few seconds, as Jordan took a step forward, invading her personal space, standing so close that she could  smell his distinctive scent. It was making her feel odd sensations, having him this close.
This was Jordan Knight staring at her!

This was the man of her dreams admiring her naked body. This was… she had no words to describe what this was.

Jordan suddenly took one more step, closing the distance between them. Saying nothing Jordan  wrapped an arm around her shoulder   pulling her body into his.

“So sexy”, he murmured , as Steph struggled  to draw one more breath, before Jordan leaned in, his lips pressed against hers in a kiss. Steph startled, jumped away from Jordan  as if she had been stung.
Jordan stood back suddenly unsure if he should just leave her alone.

Maybe you’re coming on too strong ,dumbass 
Take it slow stupid
Maybe she isn’t really feeling me like I am her. Maybe she’s like the others and wants to be around me because   who I  am

Jordan’s mind raced with several different thoughts  hoping he was wrong. Stepping away from her Jordan handed her pajamas, as he walked back over to the bed, sitting down at the foot of it.

“I’m harmless “Jordan  reminded her quietly as she slipped the sleep shorts on and pulled the tank top over her head, tossing the towel back into the bathroom. .
Jordan’s brow furrowed as he nervously bit his lower lip.
“How about that movie ?” Jordan asked softly. Hoping to detract from the situation.
Nervous ,Steph sat down on the other side of the foot of the bed, her eyes dancing between watching Jordan and the door.
“Sure .Sounds good “

Jordan knew she told him what he wanted to hear.
There was a distance in her voice that hadn’t there before.

“Babe it’s fine I should have knocked louder “ Jordan murmured sliding closer ,wrapping his arms around her.
Steph felt her body heat up as her face began to pinken.
Kissing her temple gently Jordan just held her for a minute  longer before teasing her
“At least you didn’t need a cold shower “
Steph shyly looked up at him her face now scarlett.
“I-I “
Jordan cut her off
“I’m kidding ! I’ll live “