52

Rubbing her belly a smile played on her lips when she felt the baby stretch.
”Yea I know kiddo it’s a little uncomfortable for me too you know” The baby kicked again.
”Listen stop kicking field goals or ballet  or whatever it is you’re doing in there”
She couldn’t wait to see if the baby was a girl or a boy .
”You a pretty little girl like your big sister or a handsome little man like your daddy and brothers ?”she whispered as the baby kicked again.
”Yes I know mommy’s impatient” Steph continued the one sided conversation
“If you’re a boy mommy’s in trouble because that means it’s gonna make me miss your daddy more but don’t tell anyone ok? It’s our little secret ok ?”
Jordan slowly pulled the curtain back more so he didn’t startle her.
”I hope it’s a girl so she can be as beautiful as her mother “Jordan spoke softly.
”See peanut it’s bad I swear I just heard your daddy’s voice “ Steph whispered hoarsely to the baby.
”You did “ Jordan murmured as he moved into her line of vision.
”What are you doing here ?How did you even know?” Steph rambled emotionally.
”I flew in this morning. It’s not important   how I know. What’s important is that I’m here “ Jordan  replied .
Trying to find her voice Steph  whispered “Why?”
“ God I missed you plus I wanted to know what we’re having ”Jordan explained softly.
”I-I w-was g-gonna have a copy of the ultrasound sent to you” Steph rambled emotionally. hearing only part of what he just  said.
”I wanted to be here in person.”
”Why afraid I wasn’t taking care of  or making sure the baby was healthy?” Steph spat back irritably.
”That’s not it at all. I’m excited about having another child and I wanted to witness the ultrasound not just see a picture on a disc “Jordan murmured.
”You’re not listed on the paperwork so how did you get in here without my permission?”Steph demanded trying to keep her emotions in check.
”Beth snuck me in” Jordan admitted.
”Caffeine high on steroids ?”Steph spat irritably.
”She’s really annoying this early in the morning” Jordan chuckled nervously.
Steph hadn’t looked at Jordan since she’d heard him knowing that if she did she’d break. She refused to be that weak.
”That’s all the time. Well  every time I’ve been here for an appointment”
”I went off on my family about the way they treated you.I haven’t spoken to anyone but Ma,Jon and Dave since “
Steph simply  shrugged as if she didn’t care ,refusing to look at him.
”Please just go”Steph begged as her lips began to tremble.
”I’m not going anywhere until I make sure your both okay , see our baby and  we talk things out” Jordan informed her as he sat down next to her.
”Please” Steph choked out her voice cracking.
”No .Look at me Steph.” Jordan  softly demanded “I’m not going anywhere until we’re us again.”