57

”Lil terror is more like it “ Steph grumbled as he chuckled.
Steph refilled their cups , walking out of the kitchen leading the way to her bedroom hoping she remembered to pick it up, Flipping the light on she sighed glad it wasn’t it’s usual hellish state when she was working. Jordan picked Steph up eliciting a small gasp as he carried her to the bed  laying her down gently before  crawling in beside her wrapping himself protectively around her body.
”I love you two so much “ Jordan whispered as he felt sleep closing in fast.
The baby kicked his side as Steph whispered “I love you “
Snuggling as close as her belly would allow  Steph buried her face  into Jordan’s chest as she  wrapped her arm around his stomach. They both quickly drifted off into a  familiar peaceful sleep.
The sound of the apartment door opening and closing jolted Steph from sleep. She cocked an eye at the clock  realizing it was around the time the kids would be home from school. They had slept for five straight uninterrupted  hours.
Realizing Jordan was still in his underwear and that  the kids would be home in approximately five minutes Steph whispered “Babe”
Jordan didn’t move. Didn't budge. Steph tried again
“Jordan?” she said playing  with his hair hoping it would stir him awake before the kids banged  on the  door.  Jordan shot up looking at Steph , confusion on his face
“Everything ok?” Jordan asked sleepily as he  fully sat up.
”Kids are home” Steph murmured .
Relieved Jordan  replied “Oh thank god i thought something was wrong with  one of you ”
Steph shook her head watching him “I figured you’d wanna be awake before Tiff bombards you” Jordan shot  her a lopsided grin
“ Gee thanks”
“Plus you haven’t met Chris yet “ Steph reminded him.
”True “ 
A knock sounded on the door
“Mother you home?” Chris  called through the door .
”Speak of the devil “ Steph murmured pushing up off the bed to open the door as Jordan slid his pants back on and sat back down on the bed preparing as best he could for meeting her son.
”Yea gimme a sec “ Steph told her son
“I have someone I want you to meet “
Chris groaned standing in the kitchen doorway with his arms crossed across his chest .
”Jordan this is my son Christopher he like your brother prefers Chris .Chris this is Jordan “
” Nice to meet you Chris “Jordan said extending his hand.
Chris eyed him cautiously before accepting his hand.”
You hurt my mother “
“Christopher ! “Steph snapped.
”It wasn’t my intention to hurt her “ Jordan  replied softly.
Chris glared at him
“Chris NOW ‘ Steph ordered.
”Sorry “ Chris mumbled begrudgingly taking Jordan’s hand and shaking it. Jordan eyed him thoughtfully
“It’s alright bud I get it you don’t want no one hurting your mom. I never did either “ Jordan admitted
“My parents divorced not exactly the same but I get it “
Chris said nothing as he nodded and walked away ,Steph sighed.
”Give him time. You know how it is your parents divorced too and you have step parents “ Jordan reminded her gently .
Steph silently  nodded
“I hope he isn’t that pissy with news that he’s going to have a new sister” she mumbled.
Taking her in his arms again “He’ll be fine” Jordan promised kissing the tip of her nose.
Tiff bounded up the steps at that moment
“Jordan!! “she shouted launching into his arms.
”Whoa” he chuckled “You’re as bad as your mama .How ya doin kiddo?”
“I’m good now she’s smiling “ Tiff told him looking at her mother.
Changing the subject Tiff demanded
“Are you guys back together now? Did you find out the sex of the baby? Are we having a little brother or sister ?” she fired off rapidly.
Jordan put his hands up in a sign of surrender. ”Ok ok one thing at a time” he snickered.
“Chris can you come in here a minute please ?” Jordan asked.
”Why don’t we go sit in the living room ?” Steph suggested sensing what was about to be brought up. They moved to the living room as all sat on the sectional .Jordan cleared his throat
“I know it’s been a bumpy road. It takes time when you’re building something important like a family.” Jordan  looked at Chris as he spoke
“I know I hurt your mother but I promise you  as a man it will be the last time.”
Chris nodded.
”So what do you think about moving to Mass with me and my boys ?” Jordan asked gauging both kids for a reaction.
”Tiff I can guarantee Dante will not poke you again.” he smirked
“But if he does I’ll kick his ass “
She smiled widely.
”I think you guys need the change and a fresh start” Jordan  continued,
”We can’t afford a move like that “Tiff whispered