47

Minutes later dressed in black from head to toe including his frequently worn dark sunglasses ,Jordan stood in the middle of the stage. The music blaring around him. Holding her breath she would never stop getting butterflies when she watched him perform. Jordan  performed several songs by then removing his jacket and shades wearing black fitted pants and a white tshirt  Jordan sat down at the piano. Performing two songs from his first solo album Jordan then looked over toward his family where Steph was seated amongst, he began the beginning chords to what he found out from her daughter was her favorite song,smiling.
Tears filled Steph’s eyes as she heard the familiar melody. He winked motioning to Jon who handed her a tissue. While singing the chorus he made his way  down  the steps to the front row where  his family stood. Taking  her hand , Jordan began serenading her. Steph  hadn’t realized why Jon handed her a tissue until Jordan was in front of her.
Once the show concluded they filed to the backstage area where Jordan was drinking a bottle of water and sitting on a chair shirtless with a towel around his neck trying to calm down after the performance. Steph made her way to him  launching herself into Jordan’s arms.
”That was beautiful baby!”
“I put it in at the last minute just for you sweetheart” Jordan admitted sheepishly.
“I love you “Steph murmured shyly.
“I love you too babygirl. Stop being so afraid of telling me how you feel. It’s me the man who loves you .You gave me your body, you say your heart but let me in I don’t want anyone but you “

                                                                       A few days later 

Steph’s trip was coming to an end. They’d had an  amazing month more than amazing to be honest. The question was  where did they go  from here?
Jordan  introduced her formally to his family the day after the show.
”So you’re in Milton and she’s in Philly how’s that gonna work?” Marlene asked Jordan bluntly ."They're gonna move to Milton with me. Steph figures it'll be best for a fresh start after all that she and the kids have gone through
"That's a great idea. Everyone deserves a fresh start" Marlene agreed with him.
"The kids don't know anything yet "Jordan  explained to his mother quietly.
"I'm sure they'll be up for a new start too" she whispered.
"The boys haven't met her yet and I haven't met her son yet "Jordan  explained nervously.
"Everything will be fine sweetie" Marlene  reassured him.
"I hope you're right Ma. I  mean I know the boys will love her. It's her son that makes me wonder." Jordan  explained shaking his head.
"Don't worry about it. Just let things happen" Marlene encouraged patting his shoulder.
Sighing Jordan stood up hugging his mother "I hope so "he sighed  kissing her cheek before he  went in search of Steph who he was sure  was probably ready to shoot him for leaving her alone  with  his overprotective  older sisters.
"I gotta go find her before she kills me . I  left her with Sharon and Allison." Jordan explained nervously knowing how overprotective they could be.
Marlene chuckled. "Good luck"
Shaking his head Jordan found the three chatting with Jon. Hopefully that meant Jon was able to keep their interrogation to a minimum. Jordan hoped anyway,looking at Alison
"Don't scare her away "Jordan warned.
"Really Jordan why would I scare her away? Although it wouldn't hurt to know more about her. You don't know her! After everything with Evelyn .."
Jordan groaned as he rolled his eyes. "She's not Evelyn""
You've known her what a few months ?You knew Evelyn since you were twelve and she still fucked you over "
"She's not Evelyn! I love her and she has been nothing but amazing to me" Jordan snapped. Steph looked around nervously wishing the floor would open up and swallow her.
Had they forgotten she was standing there ?
Allison turned to her "No offense I'm sure you're a decent person but my brother has been through alot with his ex"
Steph looked lovingly at Jordan and then turned to Allison
"I love your brother. Not for what he is or what he has but for the kind, genuine caring loving person he is. On stage in public he is totally different than in private and despite my hesitation Jordan has shown me that. I don't know what you think  I am after but in reality all I want is someone who will love me as much I love him " Steph admitted  softly.
Allison sat quiet “You have kids don’t you?”
Before Steph could answer Jordan interjected “Yea so what? So do I ?What’s your point ?Look baby brother doesn’t need your protecting. I’m an adult so is she. It’s not as if we are young dumb kids who know nothing .” Jordan grabbed Steph’s hand  squeezing hoping to calm her nerves. Jordan looked at his sister
“She’s not going anywhere” Jordan said evenly as  Allison stared him down
“Just be careful” Allison told him, defeated
“We’re gonna have a baby” Jordan blurted  as Steph dug her nails into his palm nervously. Several heads recoiled ”What?”
Marlene cleared her throat “Enough!”
.Everyone stopped, righted themselves in their chairs. Once Marlene  spoke the room was so quiet a pin could be heard if  dropped.
Turning  to  Jordan Marlene eyed him
“Go find something to keep you occupied I’d like to talk to your lady here ...alone “
Steph looked helplessly at Jordan who shrugged.