25

"Either I was really missed or they're being fuckin nosey " Steph muttered.
Jordan chuckled.
Victor parked and came around to her door.

"This is it" Steph thought to herself, waiting to wake up and realize it was a just a cruel joke or worse yet a  dream.
Jordan got out of the car as Victor helped her out ,grabbing  her luggage as well as the massive amount  of roses Jordan had him pick up the first night at the hotel. All of her neighbors stopped what they were doing and turned their attention onto them.
"Fuck "she muttered "Of course they gotta be fuckin nosey"
Jordan took her hand in his as he  spoke, "Let them be nosey and jealous too"
"Around here that's not hard "she told him.
"That's true "Laura told them as they got to the bottom steps of the porch.
"I'm Laura the short midget who will kick ass if this woman gets hurt" she said in a warning tone
Steph glared at her
"Laura "Steph  hissed in a warning tone.
Mouthing to be nice as she pointed to  Jordan  with her ,Steph felt the heat of embarrassment burning her cheeks and hoped the sidewalk would just open up and swallow her up. Jordan just chuckled.
"I have no intentions of hurting her. I was to see her happy just as much as you do" he told Laura. Smirking she said "Good we have an understanding. Nice to meet you Mr. Knight "
"Nice to meet you too Laura please call me Jordan" he said shaking her hand She smiled ,leaned over to Steph whispering "We'll talk later " and walked back into her apartment. Steph had no idea what condition her apartment was in since she hadn't been home all weekend so she stopped him at the door 
"You um better get going before Victor gives you shit again" she whispered.
"I hate having to leave you babygirl but I'll be back as soon as the tour is done. I promise" Jordan reassured her  before kissing her deeply enough to make her knees weak.
"B-be careful "Steph stammered.
Her heart racing with anxiety Steph wanted to bolt up the steps  as the thought of watching the car pull away was killing her. The only thing that stopped her was her anxious daughter bolting down the same steps to say hi to Jordan.
"I will. I'll call as soon as I get settled on the bus." He promised  kissing her again.
"Okay "she whispered trying to keep her emotions in check.
"If this is a dream what a fucked up one "she thought to herself.
Tiff narrowed her eyes at Jordan 
"Remember what we talked about "Tiff  reminded him in a warning tone , meaning how often her mother had been played and how fucked up it would be if he tried doing the same.
"Don't worry Tiffy. She's in good hands" he told her.
"She better be"
Tiff told him pointedly as Steph pushed her way past her daughter to go upstairs. Thank god she had work the following three days .She knew she needed to keep busy
"I'll call you as soon as I'm settled on the bus" he hollered as he got into the car.
Steph nodded trying to keep her emotions in check. Remembering she started her rotation the next day she composed a text and waited until the car was no longer visible