20

“Talk to me sweetheart” Jordan coaxed
Steph inhaled shakily.
“It’s just that ,that well no one has ever made me feel , that is –“ she sobbed as the tears flowed.
Jordan never had a reaction after making love like this.
“I-I don’t know what to say. I mean why me ?”
”You intrigue me .You’re you ”Jordan whispered rubbing  his nose against hers.
”The way you made me feel.. the way I was ..I never..” she stopped herself
“Tell me “ he softly encouraged her
“I’ve never been .. well it’s always been..”
Jordan  stroked her hair , kissing  her tenderly
“Tell me. No judgements  I need to know “
Seeing the sincerity in his eyes
“I’ve only ever felt an emotional connection like this once before “ Steph  whispered sounding as if she were on the verge of tears which if she admitted it to him she absolutely was.
Jordan  smiled to encourage her to continue on but she didn’t
Jordan knowingly whispered  ”Your late husband John ?”
Steph nodded silently, knowing  her emotions were written all over her face.
”Come here baby” Jordan murmured soothingly as he  held  her close.
“Tell me baby please we won’t be able to move on if I have to compete with a ghost”
Jordan knew his words might seem harsh ,even uncaring but they weren’t. If the tables were turned he wouldn’t expect her to compete with a memory.
Steph couldn’t tell him that the feelings she had always had for him were more than a simple  teenage crush ,that now that they’d been getting to know one another she felt a deeper emotional connection and making love had solidified that. She just wasn't sure if he felt it too.
“Talk to me baby please “ Jordan’s eyes bored into hers.
“Johnny was my first everything, I met his family young after my parents seperated. Like you he was older than me so I didn’t get what he saw in me but he did and we fell in love. I-I haven’t felt a connection like that until now. You’ve been a huge part of my life without knowing it for twenty three years. Your music ,your voice , sensitivity was always something that drew me in. When we met at the radio station I figured I’d be just like any other fan , meet you , go on with life and be glad my teenage fantasy was fulfilled. Then you showed interest I felt like I was dreaming. I know he’s gone and I love how I feel when I’m around you but I keep feeling like I’m cheating on him. I know it sounds crazy even marriage vows state death do you part …” She trailed off as Jordan sat waiting for her to speak again letting her get out whatever she needed before speaking.
“I never dreamed , I mean I did but never expected in my reality that I’d ever be near you in any way .Now that we’ve – now that we’ve –“
“Made love “ Jordan interjected softly, rubbing her back gently  trying to make it easier for her.
Steph nodded smiling softly.
“I see you.The man.You’re no longer just an untouchable fantasy , the kindness , gentleness , sincerity and I -I can’t believe I’m here with you now “
Jordan pressed his lips to her forehead trailing them to each eye kissing her tears ,lower still until he reached her mouth where he dove right in .
“This was unexpected but please know I’m not trying to seduce you,this is not a one time fling and please don’t feel guilty for having actual feelings again. I’m sure Johnny wouldn’t have wanted that for you.”