45

Steph  silently hugged Marlene back. Her stomach was waging a war with her and she refused to embarrass herself in front of his mother especially this unexpected first meeting Gathering courage she said
"I'm Stephanie .This wasn't how we had this planned at least Jordan didn't "she explained  softly
"I know but I'm glad we finally got to meet. Jordan has told me so much about you."Marlene explained smiling.
"He's told me alot about all of you as well."Steph  replied smiling back.
"Especially how awesome a mother you are "
Marlene chuckled. "That's because he's the baby"
"Spoiled ?" Steph snickered.
"Very and by everyone" Marlene snickered”
I’m the oldest in my family but I know how my daughter can be "Steph  explained matter of factly as they made their way back out the door.
"Jordan said she's spoiled but good hearted and loves to pick on her brother" Marlene told her.
"They pick on each other ridiculously but he's protective .She is the only girl .All male cousins too" Steph explained shocked at herself for sharing so much with someone she just met.
It had taken what seemed like forever to establish a relationship with Johnny’s mother after they began dating. Here she was opening up to a woman she hardly knew.
"She'll be well protected then. I'm sure Jordan's boys will like having a big brother and sister" 
Unsure of herself Steph  just nodded wondering what information  Jordan  confided in his mother  already.
Marlene smiled at her. "It's obvious that Jordan loves you so the next step is commitment"
Looking anywhere but at Marlene
"What all has he told you ?"Marlene smiled."I can't imagine what he sees in me " Steph whispered "I'm  not model size ,I'm widowed and I have kids "
"There's more to you than just that and he loves it" Marlene  explained
Forcing a smile Steph just nodded .The woman from the bathroom strolled past them as they got to the stage where the rest of Jordan's family stood chatting with him.
Steph ,feeling awkward ,made a move to go back to the seat she was in earlier to give them the time to chat.
"Slutbag " the skank hissed as Steph began walking  to the other side of the stage.
Marlene heard the woman, motioning Victor over.
"Victor sweetie remove that woman as she goes up to meet my son. She has been rude ,extremely  horrible to Steph for no reason other than jealousy. I'm sure she'll make scene so have someone with Jordan and Steph" she whispered to him.
"You got it Ms P. Pardon me but she's always a pain in the ass when J's performing "Victor explained to her irritation evident in his voice.
"Get rid of her and bar her from future shows" Marlene demanded.
"Yes Ma'am " he told her motioning to Armando knowing this woman would be problematic.
"She's taken care of sweetie. Don't worry" Marlene whispered to Steph pointing to Victor. 
"Yo cougar skank bet ya don't know slutbag here is gonna spawn "the woman from the bathroom screamed as Victor and Armando escorted her out the door.
Marlene looked to  Jordan , then to Steph.
Blanching Steph tore off toward the bathroom holding her mouth as tears poured down her cheeks  .Marlene spun on her son
"Care to tell me what the fuck that was ?"Jordan looked at her in shock.
"Umm well... Surprise?" He replied  trying to pull himself together.
"I thought so when I looked at her. Right now I'm not your biggest problem she is "Marlene told her son.
"You better get this shit handled you got a show to do that begins in less than an hour "Jon reminded him coming up behind his mother when he heard the commotion.
"I'll be right back" he shouted as he ran."
Sonofabitch" Jon said looking at his mother
"What was that?"
"Psycho fan outed them" Marlene explained  shrugging.
Jon looked at her confused "Um it's not like he didn't plan on telling anyone anyway" he blurted
"Yeah but he wanted to do it in his own time" Marlene sighed
"I know "Jon  grumbled shaking his head
"That's what he told me this morning when I texted him"
"I guess I should go check on them" Marlene said as she headed towards the ladies room.
Steph refused to come out of the ladies room mostly because she had been wretching the whole time
"Baby you ok?" Jordan asked through the door. She gagged loudly which told him what he needed to know.
"Is the medicine not helping?" Jordan asked trying to avoid going completely in the ladies room "Not when my nerves are shot " In between dry heaves Steph snapped
Marlene approached him "Let me go check on her you go get ready or you're gonna have a riot ""Thanks ma" 
"I love you baby" Jordan shouted into the ladies room.
"I love you too "Steph called back" washing her hands .
"Just hurry up and go "Marlene told him shaking her head.
Walking through the door she found Marlene standing there waiting.
"I think I'm gonna get Victor to take me back to the hotel. He's already got enough to deal with tonight " Steph explained  softly.