Chapter 13-The Dynamic Duo

3rd person POV

Dante was out on a walk.He wanted to get know more of Monster Village,ever since he went to Grillby's.Alphys felt always a little insecure about having Dante outside the house,but she had trust in him.

Dante eventually found himself in the city.It was gigantic,filled with buildings and different types of shops everywhere.Dante noticed,however,that there were no shops owned by monsters.The streets were filled with humans walking around,some casually,others in quite the rush.As he Dante continued walking,he noticed a small park in what seemed to be the city's center.In that same area,there were two big buildings on opposite sides of the park,separated by the road.The one on the left of the park was a white building with four marble columns.In top of the columns,there was a sign saying"City Hall".The one on the right was a similar building,but it was yellow instead of white and the sign said"Monster Embassy".Also,it didn't have the columns,only the small flank of stairs to get to the entrance door.

Dante made his way through the park.Ebott Central Park had all types of trees and flowers surrounding the grounds.In the center,there was a bronze statue of a man standing proudly in a tuxedo and a piece of paper in his hand.There was a sign engraved on the bottom of the statue.Dante approached the statue and read it:"Anthony Fox,Founder of Ebott City".As he looked at the statue,Dante heard a sorta of feud between two monsters.He walked casually to a wooden bench near the two to hear their conversation.

"OH MY GOD,SANS!!!"The tall skeleton in red and white battle armor yelled.

"wow bro.looks like that joke left you in a not so...humerus mood."The smaller skeleton chuckled at his own joke.Dante chuckled a little as well.

"PLEASE...STOP...NO MORE."Papyrus plead.

Sans was still laughing at the joke,as he simply vanished from thin air!Dante looked around to see where Sans went.

"you know...it's rude to eavesdrop on strangers..."Sans said in a threatening voice.

Dante slowly turned around to see the small skeleton,sitting next to him,looking at him with his pupilless eyesockets...Dante looked terrified.

"heh heh.oh you look really scared.relax,would ya?"He said,returning his pupils.Dante eased up,but was still wary.

"so you're Alphys'new roomie,eh?"Dante looked surprised.

"what?you think I wouldn't notice?she never was good at hiding things...but,hey where are my manners?the name's sans,sans the skeleton."He greeted,extending his hand.Dante shook his hand cautiously,and was greeted by the sound of a whoopee cushion.

"the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick.works everytime."Sans chuckled,followed by Dante who couldn't keep up a straight face.

"AH!HERE YOU ARE,BROTHER!"Papyrus said,as he approached the bench."NYEH?WHO IS YOUR FRIEND,SANS?"

"this is...actually,what is your name,kid?"

"I'm Dante.Pleasure to meet you both."he said smiling.

"WELL I AM...THE GREAT PAPYRUS!NYEH HEH HEH!"Papyrus introduced himself,striking his signature pose."IT IS A PLEASURE,HU...I MEAN DANTE."

"so,kid...what do you think of the park?"Sans asked.

"It's nice.Calm and relaxing,i like it."

"YES,QUITE THE ARRANGEMENT THE HUMANS HAVE MADE WITH THIS LOCATION!SAY,WOULD YOU LIKE IF WE SHOWED AROUND?"Papyrus proposed.

"Really?"Dante asked excited.

"WHY,OF COURSE!ME AND MY BROTHER HAVE TO DO SOME SHOPPING WHILE WE ARE IN TOWN,SO YOU'LL JUST TAG ALONG."

"Yeah,that would be awesome."

"GOOD.THEN LET'S GO,SHALL WE?"

"ah...and this bench was just getting comfortable..."Sans said.

"SANS,YOU ARE SO LAZY!!!COME ON,WE HAVE LOTS TO DO!"

"it just sounds like a...skele-ton of work."

"SSSAAANNNSSS!!!"Papyrus pouted as Dante laughed...

The rest of the afternoon was spent as Dante followed the skele-bros' lead through the many shops in the city.They took Papyrus's red sports car,which Dante had a lot of fun riding in the back and occasionally putting his arms up as if he was in a roller-coaster.Papyrus took this as a request to speed up and gain momentum to do so cool moves.Unfortanely,the police didn't see this as reason to ignore the traffic rules,and eventually Papyrus gained a speeding ticket.Other than this,the tour was quite peaceful,as Sans and Papyrus showed Dante the many shops he could visit,as well as Ebott High School and the City Mall.

At the end of day,Papyrus made his way to their home in Snowdin District.Their house looked exactly the same as it did in the Underground,it even had the snow on top...which actually made no sense.

"Ah guys...how is there snow on top of your house...isn't it the middle of August?"Dante asked,super confused.

"i have no idea."Sans answered nonchalantly.

"EITHER WAY,THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT.WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE TOUR OF EBOTT CITY BY THE GREAT PAPYRUS AND HIS BROTHER?"Papyrus asked,with a very wide smile.

"It was amazing!There is so much more then i thought.I thought everything interesting was in the village,but the city is so cool.With the shops and places and the things you can do!Oh!Sorry about the speeding ticket Papyrus,i didn't mean to..."Dante said before he was interrupted.

"I'M NOT SURPRISED.YOU DID RECEIVE THE TOUR BY...MASTER TOUR GUIDE PAPYRUS.NYEH HEH HEH!!!"Papyrus hold his hand to his chest."AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE TICKET!THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU HAD FUN!!!"He said with a smile,which made Dante feel a little better.

"hey kid,shouldn't you be home by now?"Sans intervened.

"Ah,shoot!Alphys must be wandering here i am."

"DON'T WORRY,DANTE!MY CAR CAN TAKE US THERE IN NO TIME!"

As Papyrus tried to start the car,the engine didn't even seem to make any noise.

"AH,COME ON!CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE IN A WORRY?WHAT'S WRONG?"Papyrus looked at the gas indicator,which had the dial on the E spot."OH BOY!IT SEEMS WE ARE IN NEED OF FUEL...I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED SOONER...MUST HAVE BEEN THE EXCITEMENT OF THE TOUR THAT BLINDED ME."Papyrus tried to explain his lack of greatness.

 "no prob,bro.i got this,just go inside and get started on dinner."Sans said.

"OH OKAY!WELL,GOODBYE DANTE!IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU!"

"Wait,what do you mean by..."Dante tried to ask,but before he noticed,he was standing in front of Alphys and Undyne's house.

"How did you..."

"guess you could say...i knew a "shortcut"...well,see ya."Sans said with a wink.

"Wait!"Sans disappeared before Dante could finish his sentence...

Dante was happy about the day,but something felt weird...the word "shortcut" was like a echo in his mind...why?

Dante,realizing the sun had set,shrugged it off and rushed inside.