Chapter 42-Hitting The Road

Dante's POV

Asgore texted me earlier today,telling me to go this parking lot in the Downtown area,but there is nothing here.Literally,no cars,just empty parking spaces.Why would Asgore send me here?I can't see what lessons I have to learn from this place.

Suddenly,I hear an engine shut down as a blue car parked in a spot behind me.This would probably be considered as shady,if the driver wasn't Papyrus.

"GREETINGS,DANTE!"He greeted in his usual excited tone.

"Papy?What are you doing here?"

"I,THE GREAT PAPYRUS,AM HERE TO TUTOR YOU.ASGORE TOLD ME HE REQUIRED MY ASSISTANCE IN YOUR TRAINING.I HAVE TO SAY...I HAVE NEVER BEEN THE ONE TO TRAIN SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE.THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!"

Papyrus...training me?I'm not saying he isn't tough or anything,but...what can he exactly teach me that I don't know already?And also,what could he have mastered that nobody else in Monster Village can teach me?Spaghetti?

"So what exactly are you gonna teach me?"

"NYEH HEH HEH!I AM GOING TO TEACH YOU..."He held out his hand to reveal...a keychain?

"...HOW TO DRIVE!!!"

"Say what?"I asked very surprisingly.

"WHAT?"

"No...seriously.Asgore asked you to do this?"

"OH!YES!HE TOLD ME HE WANTED YOU TO LEARN THIS PARTICULAR SET OF SKILLS."

"But I'm fifteen!There is no way the cops would let me drive around here!"

"DO NOT FRET!IT IS MERELY A SKILL FOR EMERGENCIES.HENCE THE REASON I HAVE BROUGHT THIS VEHICLE INSTEAD OF MY SPORTS CAR."

I took a glance at the car.It looked like it was recently painted and the rims also looked good as new.I can tell that if break this,the owner isn't going to be happy at all.

"Papyrus,whose car is that?"

He began stuttering:"WELL...YOU SEE...IT AH...IT BELONGS...TO A...FRIEND.YES,A FRIEND."He cleared his throat and played with his scarf for a bit.Yeah,something is definitely off.But,this is Asgore and Papyrus we're talking about,so it's probably nothing to worry about.

"Okay.Let's do this!"I said filled with excitement.I still couldn't believe I was about to drive a car as I grabbed the keys.

Once inside the car,I took to the driver's seat and Papyrus to my side.I put the key in the ignition and took a deep breath.Papyrus placed his hand on my shoulder and gave an encouraging smile:"DON'T WORRY!AS LONG AS YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,YOU CAN DO IT!PLUS,I BELIEVE IN YOU TOO!"I couldn't help but to smile back.

I turned the key,but then I heard the engine making a very loud sound.Scared I broke something,I took out the key from the ignition.

"What happened?!What I'd do?!Did I break it?!"

"EASY.IT'S FINE.YOU JUST NEED TO ROTATE IT LESS NEXT TIME.TRY AGAIN."

"Okay...okay."I placed the key in the ignition again,but this time gave it less of a notch.The engine started and I gave a nervous chuckle as it did.

"I did it!"

"SEE?ALL YOU NEEDED WAS A CONFIDENCE BOOST.AND HOW LUCKY,FOR AM I PAPYRUS,MASTER SUPPORTER!NYEH HEH HEH!"

Papyrus...you just can't never get angry at him.Sure he's pretty narcissistic,but he is always there when someone needs a hug or a shoulder to cry on.He is too innocent and kind for this world.