Chapter 34-Ghastly Expression

(Sans POV)

"remember to focus,kid."

me and Dante were practicing in the woods with some Gaster magic.lately,the kid as been asking for some more training focused on his blaster and "shortcuts".he works harder than i thought he would and honestly...i ain't sure that's entirely a good thing.you know that saying "focus on your work and everything will seem smaller"?welp,however came up with that...they weren't entirely wrong.sometimes people hide behind their actions to prevent others from knowing the truth.

Dante was trying to gather some control over his blaster.these things need to be tamed,before they can properly used and they take a while to do so.fortunately,the kid seems to have been taught about them...heh,probably G's work.the kid did say he got some combat training back in the Void.now,he's trying to ride it by teleporting on top of it.

as he summoned his blaster,i gave him so more instructions:

"now,just teleport on top of it and try to keep it calm.got it?"

he simply nodded as he disappeared into thin air.he reappeared on top of the blaster and tried to balance himself on top of it.the blaster was trying to shake him off it and spinning and twirling.me...i just watched,ketchup in hand.

"Whoa!Ah!Stand still!Wait!No,no,no!Okay!Okay!No,no,no....AH!"the blaster flung Dante of it.he would have hit the ground hard,had i not been there to catch him with my magic.the blaster disappeared after he lost control of it.

"just like riding a mechanical bull,eh?"i putted him down on the ground.

"More like a real one.It really doesn't like that..."

"nah,it just doesn't trust ya yet.think of it like a wild horse...equipped with a vaporizing death laser."i grinned,making him give a smile.

"When you put it that like that..."he chuckled:"Well,here we go again."he was about to summon his blaster once more until i stopped him:

"maybe you should take a little break.you look...bone-tired."

"I'm fine,trust me.Let's just do this one more time."

"look kid,if Alphys thinks i let ya work yourself down to the bone...welp,we'd both be pretty boned.so,if you ain't doing for yourself,do it for a pal..."

he looked a little annoyed at my persistence,but he eventually came around:

"Yeah,you're right.A little nap won't hurt."

"never did to anyone."he kept his smile as he walked up to a tree,leaning against it and sliding down it.then he put his hood to block the sun and stuffed his hands in his vest's pockets.

this kid makes me more proud by the day.

(Inside Dante's dream;Dante's POV)

Seriously?Another one of these?They've been happening every time I take a break.Ugh...well,let's see what this one is.

It's pitch black and I can't see anything.Kinda looks like the Void.

"Greetings."I turned around and saw a young Chara with a sadistic grin:"I am Chara.The demon that comes when people call it's name...no matter where,no matter when,time after time,I will appear."

What?Why is she saying that?A demon...why would she call herself that?

"Thank you.With your guidance,I realized the purpose of my reincarnation.Power..."Her eyes went pitch black,just like Sans' eye sockets.I was starting to think something bad was about to happen.Why is she speaking so ominously?And what did I do?...was it even me?