Chapter 51-The Showstopper

3rd person POV

"Alright everyone!I want stage lights with different filters there and cameras there and there."Mettaton was instructing the final details for the show.The monsters there went from place to place,setting all the lights and cameras in the various locations.Dante was there too,overseeing all the preparations.He wanted to make sure everything would look perfect.Plus,he wanted to make sure Mettaton wouldn't go overboard with the planning.

"You sure these lights can change color when we need them?"

"Of course they will darling."

"And the cameras.Their lenses are polished and the tripods steady?"

"Dante,stop."

"What?"

"Look,this is me.I don't go on stage until everything is absolutely perfect.So,don't worry.Because everything is absolutely perfect."

"Are you sure?Like a hundred percent sure?"

"For the last time,yes.Anxiety doesn't really suit you darling."

"I'm just...making sure.This needs to be flawless."

"And I assure you again,that is what will happen."

"Okay.If you say so."

"Good.Now let me give you the rundown of the performance.We'll have Blooky as the DJ,in order to keep the crowd entertained.First,Sans will go with his puns,ugh,then Undyne and some guards will demonstrate their brute force,followed by Papyrus and Toriel's cooking lesson,yum,and Alphys explains to the viewers how she can find a way to use the Core to produce an infinite supply of energy."

"You sure she can do it?"

"Oh relax.This isn't her first time on TV."

"Not that she wanted the others ones either."Dante muttered to himself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"Mettaton gave him a pouting look,but shrugged it off.

"Anyways.And to close the show,DNA will play some rock music."

"Okay,sounds good."

"There?More relaxed?"

"A bit."

"I know we'll all break a leg.Showmanship is all about confidence,after all."

"And of that you have plenty."

"Precisely.Now,I have to go put some finishing touches on myself.Ta ta."Mettaton went to the back room.

As Dante waited,he noticed the empty sits starting to fill up,so he decided to go to the backstage and wait for the show to begin.

(Time Skip)

"Beauties and gentlebeauties,welcome to our telethon!"Mettaton said as a pink spotlight focused on him:"Today's show is one of my most important yet.Not to say that the rest aren't,oh no,not at all.The reason why this one is special however,is because this isn't all about me.We will host several monsters and they're going to show you what monsters have to offer and how it can help you.So,I hope that you'll enjoy the performance.Ta ta~."

The crowd clapped as Mettaton walked away from the stage.Suddenly,Sans appeared out of nowhere onto the stage.

"heya.quite the crowd we got here tonight.name's Sans and i'll be your entertainer.hope you all are ready for some very punny jokes."

The crowd gave a small chuckle to which Sans respond with his own.

"unfortunately,we have to start off with some bad news.i don't know if you know about the italian chef.he seems to have...pasta way."