Chapter 8: The Awaited Encounter

-Trevor's POV-

I finally made it to Gora City.

It's been about three days but I think I still have time. Gora City is pretty big so if they're just sightseeing than it'll take a little longer for them to move.

Moving from city to city is a pain because there's alot of things you need to look out for and it's difficult to find someone in Gora City. Luckily, I have a few friends in the city that might be able to help me.

They have scouts that keep an eye out for newcomers to the city. Sometimes is for new members and other times, it's to see if there are any rich nobles that will be easy to steal from.

The best thing about this place is the guys I know here basically have the guards in their pockets. No matter who walks through this city, it will be informed by the guards to the boss bandit.

As I walked towards the entrance, the guards then got in my way.

"Halt, state your business, bandit." The leader guard demanded.

"I'm here to see the bandit boss. I have something to discuss with him. Tell him, Trevor Gale wishes to speak with him." I told the guard.

He was hesitant and first but the guards then sent a messenger to relay the information. Once the messenger left, we stood there for a few minutes.

Once the messenger came back, I was allowed inside the city. I did, however, had to put my weapons under lock and key.

There was no escaping in so I took out my sword and gave it to them. I also had to give them my gear but luckily they had a spare change of clothes.

It was commoner clothing but I didn't care. I wasn't here to be treated as these guards superior, I came here to find that girl and kill whoever is with her.

I put on the commoner clothing and then I went through the entrance. After about an hour and a half of walking, I finally made it to the Bandit Hideout.

There were two bandits in front of the door but I knew there were more. There were a few bandits on lookout keeping an eye out for intruders.

The fact that I did get surrounded meant that they were expecting me. It's a good thing too because explaining myself will take too much time.

"Trevor Gale, correct?" The bandit asked me.

"Yes, I wish to speak to your boss," I told them.

The bandit then guided me to their boss. 

The bandit boss was in a small office but big enough for one person to move around freely. There was one lantern to keep the place from being completely pitch black but it was still dark nonetheless.

There were a couple of shelves that had books and miscellaneous items. 

The bandit boss sitting at his desk doing paperwork until he saw me. 

"It's good to see you, Trevor." He greeted me.

"It's good to see you too, Brother." 

That's right. The bandit boss was none other than my brother, Mark Gale.

If you both looked at us from side to side, you would actually see a similarity between us. We both had short blonde hair, we're close the same height, and we had the same skin tone.

The only two differences were that Mark had a scar on his chest coming up to his neck and he was actually older than me by two years.

"So, what can I do for my little brother?" He asked in a brotherly attitude.