Chapter 30: The Truth behind The Reincarnation

. . . How did I end up like this?

Okay, let's think back for a minute. Before I came to this world, I was a regular human being, like anyone else, and didn't have any special traits. 

I loved reading mangas, watching anime, and my biggest hobby was collecting anime figures, manga, and anime. I have some knowledge of being a businessman only because my parents made me go to the college classes but I soon quit and took up engineering.

After my life in college, I became an engineer that repairs tv, building lights, and computers. I was just your average, ordinary, everyday civilian.

This should've been the case even when I died and was sent to this world. I shouldn't have knowledge of how to build robots or knowledge about magic items or even about my magic spells and perfectly use them.

That's what happened when I fought that dragon. When I created that golem with magic, I didn't even look at the spells list when I made it.

I just said the spell like it was natural for me. Even when I found that barrier spell, I felt like I knew I already had it.

How the hell do I know any of this? It has to be from my reincarnation.

Something must've happened when I reincarnated because I shouldn't be so knowledgeable about some of these things. The only problem is I don't know anything about what happened after I died except the part where I woke up in the room.

Did I meet God or something? I wouldn't be surprised if I did but if that did happen, how come I can't remember it?!

Did I do something to make me forget about the time? Was there some kind of price for being reincarnated and that resulted in me losing my memories of meeting God or some deity or powerful being?

Ahhhh! I can't figure out what the hell is going on with me!

I felt like I was having a headache and grasped my head with both hands. When I did this, Iris spoke to me.

"Yuuto, are you okay?" She asked.

Oh right, I forgot that she was here. Not only that, but Nami was also here.

Now that they know about my secret, should I tell them everything? No, it's too soon to tell them about everything including my reincarnation.

If they knew about me being reincarnated, who knows what could happen. I'll have to keep that secret to myself.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about something." I told her.

"Yuuto, how were you able to build automatons?" Nami asked out of the blue.

Crap, I need to figure out a lie that can prevent them from knowing about my reincarnation.

"M-my master taught me. S-she was the one that owns this place and took me in as her disciple. After she died, I already received all her teachings and was now in charge of this place." 

That should be a good enough excuse . . . Hang on, why does my fake explanation sound like I was actually telling the truth?

I did lie, right? I never met anyone on this base and I wasn't taught anything but for some reason, I feel like I have.  

Damn it, I'm getting another headache!

There has to be something here that can explain to me what happened when I was reincarnated. I just need to know what!

Before I could figure out the truth behind my reincarnation, Iris asked me a question about my fake master.

"Could your master have been a Chapinin?" She asked.