Chapter 92: Festival/Temple Situation Part 2

-Kenji's POV-

Just how strong is this woman?!

Even when all of us are attacking her, she's able to hold her ground. How the hell is she doing this? 

Ruby and Sapphire both struck the enemy at the same time but were pushed back. I tried to slice her in two but she backed away before I could.

"Hehehehe! This is pretty fun! It's been a while since I let loose." The girl giggled with joy.

"I got to admit, you're far stronger than I originally thought," I confessed.

"Aww, thank you! That's very sweet coming from someone who's a high level than me." 

The fact that she knew that I was of a higher level than her, means she's able to determine my abilities and power through combat. Since I now know she's of a lower level than me, I need to figure out how she's able to hold her own against me.

"So, since your level is lower than mine, how are you able to handle me?" I asked.

In Master's memories, I seem to recall that you can make the enemy reveal secrets if you get them to boast about themselves. Maybe this could work.

"You really want to know, huh? I could tell you but if you want to know, you'll have to beat me." 

Seriously? She's able to handle all three enemies with ease for some unknown reason.

I don't think I can take her down without finding some kind of weakness. Still, I need to do something otherwise, we'll just be staring at each other.

"Alright. Do the others get involved or are we doing this, one on one?" I asked.

"I think it would be more fun if you and I just fought. The others would just be a bore. Besides, you're pretty interesting." 

For some reason, I got the sudden chills. That's funny since I don't really feel chills like real humans do. 

Sure, I can feel emotions that humans feel but something like goosebumps on my artificial skin was new. Something about this girl is really setting me off. 

I don't think I should fight her. 

"Alright, are you ready?" She asked me while getting into a battle position.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with." I then got into a battle position too. 

Ruby and Sapphire were about to join in until I stopped them. They were about to protest but before they could, the little girl charged at me and I did the same.

-Yuno's POV-

We finally made it to Elizabeth's location and things didn't look like it was going well. 

Emerald was right next to me and when we finally got to Elizabeth, we saw that she was getting pushed back by some little girl. There was also a buff enemy right behind her but he wasn't doing anything. 

Regardless, Elizabeth didn't look like she was gonna survive any longer so Emerald and I rushed in. The little girl was about to attack Elizabeth again until I jumped in between them and blocked her attack.

"Huh?!" The little girl exclaimed and I kicked her away from Elizabeth. 

She was sent flying in the air but the buff guy caught her in mid-air. They both landed on the ground and the buff one placed the little girl down. 

"I could've landed fine without your help!" The little girl protested.

"Doesn't matter. The fact that that one was able to harm you means that we can't let our guard down anymore." The buff one informed her.