Chapter 87: Festival Patrol

Before I sent my Robot team out on patrol, I had to give them the appropriate attire so they wouldn't be recognized.

Kenji and Yuno wore their Fatum and Sors disguise and I got the maids their own cloaks and masks. After that, I opened up a portal and sent the teams out.

While they scoured the area, I went to the Temple to join Fate in her Festival observation. When I got to the Temple, I saw Fate outside.

It looked like she was waiting for me.

"Hey, did you wait long?" I asked.

"Ah! N-no, I just arrived myself."

Um, don't you live here? I kept my inner thoughts to myself and we started our Festival watching duty.

The Festival was more overwhelming than before. There was alot more people and alot more and flashy decorations for the Festival.

Not only that but some of the people here were wearing weird costumes. It wasn't like Halloween type costumes but festival costumes like masks and face paints.

"Wow, the Festival looks alot livelier than usual," I stated.

"It's because tomorrow is the last day of the Festival. With each passing day, the Festival gets more active." Fate explained.

Something seemed off about Fate. She wasn't as proper as she usually is.

It's probably because of what happened with Arthur. Maybe I can get her to talk to me.

I'll have to play dumb so she doesn't know that it was me at the Temple.

"Something on your mind?" I asked.

"W-what?! I-it's nothing!"

She's not a very good liar, is she? I guess that's the price of being a member of the church.

"My parents told me once that if somethings bothering you, talking helps you get rid of that bother."

Fate remained silent.

There were times when something was bothering me and I didn't know what to do. That's when my parents told me that talking to someone helps get rid of that bother so whenever I had something on my chest, I told my parents about it.

"Something happened at the Temple." Fate began.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You know that Earl that's been causing me trouble?"

"Yeah."

"Well, he attempted to steal the Holy Item by almost massacring the entire church."

". . . I see."

I tried to act shocked but I'm not that good at acting so I'm not sure if it was convincing. I wasn't that good in drama class.

"Well, I see that you're fine so I guess he gave up, right?" I asked knowing full well what happened.

"N-not exactly. He died."

"Huh? How?" I asked with a half-hearted shocked expression.

"He was killed by one of my priests. His name was Arthur White. He seemed to have leaked information about the Holy Item to the Earl."

"What happened after the Earl died?" I asked.

"Well, there was this masked man with two others with him. He called himself Karma. The others were called Fatum and Sors."

"What kind of name is Karma? Doesn't sound like a fun name to have."

If it wasn't a fun name then why did I pick it?! While I was having a mental breakdown, Fate continued to talk.

"Yeah, that's what the Earl said too but despite his name, he's incredibly powerful. So are his two companions. They were able to take down the guardian that protects the Holy Item. They even went as far as not to badly damage it."

"I-I see. That's pretty incredible."

"More incredible than fighting Oena?" Fate asked unexpectedly.

"I-I wouldn't go that far. I'm sure that fighting Oena is far better than whatever this Karma guy did."

"I guess you're right. I just can't help but think that there's more to it. His two companions, Fatum and Sors were there when Edgar attacked the city. They said that 'He' would take care of the rest when they defeated the ghosts. Not only that but it seemed that Nami knew who they were."

Crap, she's going into dangerous territory. If she goes any further than this then things are going to get messy.

"S-so, do you think that this Arthur will make another appearance. I mean he has to be here somewhere."

". . . Yuuto, I didn't tell you that Arthur escaped. For all you could have known, he would've been caught in that church after Karma took care of things. Unless . . ."

Damn it! Well, I walked right into that one.

Looks like I have to come clean now.

"Okay, you caught me. I'm Karma." I confessed.

"Hmm, that would explain how Karma and his companions took care of the Guardian. Hang on, if you're Karma then doesn't that mean Kenji and Yuno are Fatum and Sors?"

"How could you figure that? For all you know, Fatum and Sors could be Nami and Billy."

"Billy isn't as buff as Fatum and I heard both their voices and neither Nami or Billy sound like them."

Damn, she's got a point. I should've figured that.

"W-well, since you know who I am, I can promise you that Arthur will be apprehended," I assured her.

"That's good to know. Since it's you, I can believe it."

Fate then walked ahead. It might've been my imagination but I could've sworn that she was slightly smiling.

While we were walking, Yuno called me through the telepathy to inform me about something.

"Master, I've spotted the priest that attacked us."

"Good. Take him down but don't kill him," I told her.

"There's something else, Master. It seems that he's not alone."

"Who's with him?" I asked.

"I can't tell because they're wearing cloaks that are concealing their faces."

"Wait, there's more than one?"

"Yes, Master. About four of them."

Four? Who the hell could they be?

"Take them before it's too late," I ordered.

"Uh, they're gone, Master."

"What?! Where are they?"

"I'm not sure. We were about to take them out like you told us but they just disappeared."

You gotta be kidding me!

"Scour the entire area and make sure that they're gone. I'll inform the others about this and tell them to increase their search as well." I told Yuno.

"Understood, Master."

After that, I hung up and kept walking with Fate. While we were walking, I notified Kenji and Elizabeth's group to tell them to increase their search as well.

Geez, what the hell is this Arthur guy up too?

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!