Chapter 37: Caught Red Handed

-Nami's POV-

That was too close. 

I thought that guy knew who I was. I wouldn't be surprised since he talked to Billy Mercer. 

Billy and I know each other due to some circumstances during one of my jobs. We worked together and went our separate ways but we have crossed paths on occasions.

There wasn't anything between us but there have been times when Billy would hit on me and I would brush it off. He's one of the killers for hire that know about my cat form so when Kalvin was done talking to Billy and noticed me, I thought I got caught.

Fortunately, I just thought that I was just another animal and left me be. I had to be sure so I acted like a cat that felt hostile and hissed at him.

Once I was away from Kalvin, I found a way inside the castle and tried to find Yuuto to give him my report. Yuuto told me that I needed to get information on Kalvin about the assassination and I got what I needed for Yuuto.

I ran all around the castle until I found a hall where a few guards were protecting a door. I figured that's where Yuuto was because he told me that he was with the royal family.

When the guards noticed me, they looked confuse and approached me. I hissed at them and once they got close, I jumped on their heads and went straight for the door.

"Catch that cat!" One of the guards said.

One of the guards then lunged at me and I jumped up to avoid him. All of the guards then just kept coming after me until they caught me.

The commotion got the people inside the room's attention because someone opened the door. It was Yuuto.

When I saw Yuuto, I launched myself at him and he caught me. The guards then tried to grab me from him but I hissed and scratched at them.

"Easy, fellas. She's one of mine." Yuuto told them.

"That animal is not supposed to be here." The guard told him.

"You'll be glad that she is here." 

After he said that, he brought me inside the room. I was now inside with the royal family.

I saw the Prince, the Princesses, the Queen, and the King himself. They were all sitting looking bored.

I also saw Yuno, Iris, and Whitney. They were standing and looking nervous except Yuno.

"Yuuto, why is there a cat here?" The Prince asked Yuuto.

"Because she's our only lead to getting the culprit. It's alright to show yourself." Yuuto told me.

I knew what he meant and I was hesitant to do it. I then leaped off Yuuto and landed on the ground where I transformed back into my human form.

"The Shadow Stalking?!" The King exclaimed.

The soldiers inside were about to attack until Yuuto stopped them.

"She's not here to fight. She only came to relay some information to me." He told them.

"Yuuto, how is it that you know of The Shadow Stalker? She one of the top five deadliest killers for hire." The Prince reminded Yuuto of my reputation.

"I know that but she's currently working for me. Her job is to keep an eye out for anything and tell me." 

"How is it that a mere merchant was able to hire one of the most infamous killers in the world? How can we be sure that she wasn't the one that started this?" The King asked.