Chapter 123: The Comeback

While Leontine was fixing his daughters, I went back to the shop to see how things are doing.

When I got back, everything seemed to be normal, which was good. I went to Iris's room to see if she was alright. 

"Yuuto? Where have you been?" She saw me and ran over.

"Oh, I've been at the base. I've been trying to find Scarlett so I could save her." 

This was a bad choice of words because Iris started to make a pouty face when I talked about Scarlett. Crap, I didn't mean that.

"Hmph. Yuuto must really like that hot-head." Iris muttered. 

"Like I said before, what Scarlett did wasn't her, it was Infernus who was possessing her."

". . . That's not what I meant." 

Iris then pushed me out of her room and shut the door. 

Okay, good talk. 

I then went back downstairs to where Yuno and Kenji were. They were taking care of the shop like I told them to.

"Where's Nami?" I asked.

"She's currently scouting the area along with Billy," Kenji informed me. 

"I see. Did Theodore come by?" I asked.

"No, but that other prince came by. The one that assaulted you," Yuno informed me.

Huh? What did that guy want?

"Why was he here?" 

"He said he wanted to speak with you but we kindly told him to go away," Kenji told me. 

". . . You didn't . . ." I began.

"No, Master. We didn't do any unnecessary actions. We kindly told them to leave and they did . . . Well, they did leave but not without trying to convince Iris to be his." 

 Of course. That bastard needs to stay away from Iris.

"Alright, if he comes back then let me know right away."

"Understood," They both told me.

Once my business was done at the shop, I decided to head back to the Base to get back to work on finding Scarlett.

The moment I got back to the Base, the maids were back in action. Wow, Leontine works quick, doesn't she?

"Alright, it seems that you four are fully functional again," I told them.

I looked at Leontine, who was staring at me with a somewhat scolding expression.

"What's up, Leontine?" I asked.

"Your encounter with the spirits left my daughters in critical conditions. If it wasn't for the fact that I wasn't human, I would be dead tired right now even with my abnormal stamina."

Leontine continued to stare at me. Well, they are her daughters, so it's natural for her to get angry with me.

"Right. I'm sorry for causing harm to your daughters."

I bowed my head to show that I was sorry. I didn't intend to get the girls that injured but getting ambushed by the spirits was completely out of my hands.

I had to come up with another plan because of that sudden turn of events. I guess I should be more careful from now on.

"Hmm. I'll forgive you this time but I won't go easy on you if my daughters end up like that again. You hear me?"

"Yes, I understand."

Once Leontine accepted my apology, she went back to her desk and started to work. Rose and Emerald were beside her, probably to keep watch and informing her of anything.

I stood where I was and thought about what happened at the abandoned building. It really was a close call when the water spirit used that bubble bomb.

If I hadn't acted the way I did, then the maids would likely be more damaged then they were. I should be careful from here on out.

"Master, you don't have to blame yourself for getting us damaged," Sapphire told me.

"Sapphire's right, Master. It wasn't your fault that we got critically damaged," Elizabeth told me.

I guess my worries and guilty conscience was showing on my face because Elizabeth and Sapphire tried to cheer me up.

"Be that as it may, I can't overlook this problem. It seems that just the four of you plus Kenji and Yuno aren't enough for this kind of task."

When I said this, I thought about the spirits.

Considering that the spirits are almost god level powerful, it's obvious that I need more than just the maids and my automaton siblings.

If I'm going to fight these elemental spirits, I'm gonna need an army. Those spirits already have their own personal militia, I believe that it's only natural for me to have my own too.

Looks like I'm going to be busy for quite a while.

-Aquanis's POV-

Damn it!

I can't believe that we got our asses handed by that bastard and his partners. This is beyond humiliating!

I managed to grab my sisters and get far away from Karma and the others but we were completely defeated. If I hadn't had fled when I got the chance, we'd probably wouldn't be here right now.

I finally arrived back at the cabin with my two unconscious sisters. When Basalts earth guards saw us, they assisted me and carried both my sisters.

Once we were inside, the earth guards laid my sisters down while I collapsed on the floor. One of the earth guards tried to assist me but I told it to watch over my sisters.

"Damn. I can't believe that we lost against that bastard." I muttered to myself.

"What happened to you?"

I looked over at the voice that asked me that and saw the vessel my sister was possessing.

"Infernus?" I asked.

She didn't sound like Infernus but I wanted to be sure.

"Sorry, but no. I'm not going to allow your sister to control me again." 

Persistent little brat, aren't you? 

I quickly glared at the vessel and scoffed at her. 

"It doesn't matter. Infernus will take hold of you sooner or later. Whatever's keeping you from letting our sister take control of you, it won't last long. Infernus isn't someone to just sit back and do nothing."

"Maybe so, but that doesn't mean I won't fight back. Your sister ruined my life and made me into a criminal. I'm not going to let her control my body again." 

"You really think that you have a say in the matter?" I asked in a cold tone. 

The Vessel quickly went silent and lost her will to speak due to fear. 

"Heh. Even when you act tough, you still act like a weakling. I don't see how you're the perfect Vessel for our sister but that doesn't matter. Infernus will take control again and when she does, she'll join us in destroying the people who got in our way." 

The vessel didn't say anything and remained silent. She started to slightly sweat and shake with fear. 

Knowing that I spooked her, I walked away and laid on a chair to rest. 

I won't let that bastard get the satisfaction of almost winning that fight. If he thinks I'm going to take this lying down, then he's got another thing coming. 

The next time we meet, my sisters and I won't be the only ones that he'll be up against. 

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!