Chapter 10: Our New Life And More Trouble Ahead

As soon as I was done talking with the brothers, the younger one soon ran off to give Hazel my message. 

I asked the brother that worked for Hazel if he knew any of her contacts. He gave about ten names so I'll have to look at it when I get the chance.

And the bandit boss also went around the city telling his men and other trained mercenaries for hire that they shouldn't go after me and my family. It's been a day since the ambush and my name has already been spread throughout the city.

Now all the bad guys know that I'm off limits. It's nice to know that I'm being well known to criminals and that they will back off.

I was currently at the Inn I was staying at reading a book in my room. Kenji was also inside the room and was laying on his bed.

After everything was settled, I decided to reconfigure Kenji and Yuno's system so that they would act more human. I think this was my second try and this time it worked.

Kenji and Yuno now acted more human. They gave off more human emotions so now they looked and sounded more human.

Kenji was still the silent type but he still gave off more emotion than he did before. Yuno was more girly.

She even acted like a proper girl like wanted to try out clothes, wanted to do makeup, those kinds of things. Unfortunately, this is just what I think what a girl is so sorry to all girls if this isn't you.

At least she didn't act all snobby and bitchy. That would have been bad.

Yuno was currently in her room talking to Iris. I'm surprised that Iris is even opening up to her.

At first, she didn't trust us but after that little situation I solved, she's actually closer to us than she ever was before.

"Hey, Kenji, what do you think we should do now?" I asked him.

Since Kenji and Yuno act more like humans, talking to them normally is way better now because they don't talk all monotoned and robotic. And yes, I know that they're robots so they have to talk all robotic but you get the point!

"You mean what should we do now since we're going to live here?" He tried to see what I meant.

"Yeah. Since we going to live here, I think we should go buy a house or something so that we don't stay at an Inn all the time. I may be rich but I don't want to keep blowing away our money when we could just buy a house." 

"I think that buying a house would suit our needs so I believe we should buy one." Kenji agreed.

That good to know because I already planned to buy one anyway. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

After we discussed with Iris and Yuno about getting a house, we soon went shopping. I heard from the manager of the Inn that there was a real estate agent in the north district of the city.

We went over there and discussed what we wanted. I planned to buy a house and a shop for my merchant career.

When I explained that to her, she said that we could buy a house that could also serve as a shop as well. In fact, some of the shops here have houses mixed in for the owners.

I liked the idea so we decided to buy a house that was also a store. The requirements for the store was it had to have four rooms, a workshop for me to make my product, a kitchen, and a storage room.

Our real estate agent then narrowed down the list by price. I didn't want any of those expensive shops so I went with a reasonable amount.

The cost was around fifteen silver coins. I had to pay that much money every month.