Chapter 99: The Pyromaniac

Once the refugee villagers found a place to stay, we soon left to continue our journey to the city in this country. 

I believe the city was called Vando City. It'll take a couple days before we actually make it there. 

Not only that but during that time, on our way to the city, we might encounter Scarlett and that's going to end up troublesome. While I still can, I want to get as much information out of who she is while I can. 

Luckily, I have two Killers For Hire that can help me with that.

"Nami, Billy, I want to know about Scarlett," I told them.

"Huh? What's this all about? Afraid that we'll have to go toe to toe with her?" Billy asked.

"Pretty much, yeah. If my gut's right then we'll likely come to encounter Scarlett while on our way to the city. While I'm at it, I want to know about the city we're heading to." 

"Hmm, it's possible that we could run into Scarlett so I think it's wise for you to know about her," Nami concluded.

"Heh! If that's the case then we'll give you a brief summary of that Pyromaniac." Billy declared.

"Please do," I told them.

After a couple minutes of explaining, I got a quick understanding of who Scarlett Ignis was. 

First, she's obviously a fire addict to the core. With her lustful appetite for burning fire along with her ability to control the flames, she burns down whatever she wants to suit her desires.

Billy told me that Scarlett burned her family alive when she was thirteen and since then, she's made a name for herself and also a career. I also heard that she burnt down an entire castle when she was imprisoned.

Talk about psychopathic.

I remember seeing a few pyromaniacs in action on the news in my old world. Always burning buildings with people inside and watch as they get burnt alive.

Since both arsons from both worlds have the same passion for flames, it's obvious how dangerous she is.

Both Billy and Nami have encountered Scarlett before and neither of them likes her. Mainly because when she works with people, she usually doesn't stick with the plan. 

She's basically a reckless and uncontrollable person. It's no wonder why the other Killers For Hire don't want to work with her.

The problem with this information is that she doesn't appear to have a weakness. Not only that but even if she did, she would kill anyone who would attempt to try it. 

Looks like I'll have to add invincible to her many titles. Still, since her passion for fire is strong, I might have a plan to stop her but I can't be certain it'll work. 

I guess the only way I'll know is when I actually see her. Until then, I'll see what else I can do to make my plan work.

[Leontine, how's it looking?] I called Leontine.

[Nothing's happening so far. There's also no sign of that fire starter that's causing all this.]

Hmm, does Scarlett just need to burn one village to satisfy herself? If that's the case then we might not be seeing her for a while then.

Still, I can't be careless. Her urge to burn things might resurface and she'll want to burn something down sooner or later.

[Can you track her?] I asked Leontine.

[Sorry but no. You didn't install that function.] 

[Right. Remind me to do that along with the other girls when we make it to the city.] I told her.

[Understood.] Leontine confirmed.

After I turned off the telepathic call, I decided to rest. Knowing that it'll take a couple days until we get to the city, I wanted to rest before we get there.

I then lay down and close my eyes. I also placed up a barrier in case Billy had any bright ideas. 

Alright, time to get some sleep while I can.

-Scarlett's POV-

Damn, my urges are swelling up again. 

Burning that village was already hard enough to do. I don't think I can pull off another arson like that but if I don't, she'll take over again.

I've been fighting that demon for so long but every time I try, it never works out. That monster knows all my weaknesses and knows how to keep me from stopping her rampages. 

Not only that, but she turned into some hired arson without my permission. Now, she kills people for cash. 

It's bad enough that she burns to satisfy herself but now she gets hired to do it. My life turned into a complete disaster when she came along. 

I was thirteen when this monster took control of me. I was with my family one day and out of nowhere, that demon possessed me and made me burn my family alive.

I can still hear their screams whenever I sleep. Not only that, but I can still see their shocked expressions asking me "Why?" 

When word got out that I killed my family, soldiers hunted me down and imprisoned me. I tried to tell them that it wasn't me that cause my family's death but they didn't listen to me. 

For all they cared, I was nothing but some fire loving psychopath that was just trying to break free to start even more fires. When I was locked up in the dungeon, I thought I was safe from others but that feeling soon went away when that demon wanted to cause more mayhem. 

The way the demon possesses me is when it's hunger for causing fire reaches its peak. When that happens, it takes full control of my body and uses Fire Magic to cause all the fire.

When I was stuck in that cell, I had no means to start a fire to ease its urge and when it finally reached its peak, it took control and burned the entire dungeon down along with the castle. All those soldiers, maids, butlers, and even the royal family didn't make it out alive.

After that, she started burning villages and other settlements to please herself. That demon was nothing but a pyromaniac. 

As long as it starts fires, it doesn't care how or where she does it. She will burn whatever she wants whenever she wants. 

And right now, she wants to burn some more.

"Gah! Not again!" I grunted. 

It looks like the demon wants to burn some more. Resisting her will only bring me pain because the demon is trying to control me by force and I'm keeping her from controlling me.

Sooner or later, my will won't last and that demon will be on another rampage again. If I don't do something, I'll be responsible for more deaths.

"Damn . . . It! Please . . . Don't!" I tried to reason with the demon but it was no use. 

The gate was completely open and that demon went right through it. It was now possessing me once again.

"Hahahahahaha! Free once again! I don't know why you keep resisting me, Scarlett. No matter what you do, I'll always get what I want!" He told me with my voice.

Damn it. I couldn't stop her. 

Now, all I can do is watch as this damn demon goes on a fire-spree. As I sat back in my mind, I thought of only one thing. 

Please, somebody, stop her!

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!