f.w - the last straw

y/n: finn, i need you

wolfhard: omw

(y/n) looks up from her phone and watches intently as the brown haired boy makes his way towards her.

he smirks once he notices her staring, causing her to look away. she lets her gaze aim at her friends enjoying themselves in the deep pool.

nobody knew what was happening, or where they were. but that's how it's been for a while.

only a few humans still walked the earth, the majority of them were selfish and didn't care about the well being of anyone besides themselves.

"yo, wolfie! come join us." a voice belonging to jack shouts, and the boy sighs.

"only if (y/n) joins too." he grins, wiggling his eyebrows at her. she glares at him, but gets up nonetheless, quickly tugging the long t-shirt off her body.

the petite girl walks to the edge of the pool and looks down, her heartbeat quickening.

"what's the matter, can't swim?" her best friend, victoria smiles up at her.

(y/n) squints her eyes at her and nods.

"you can't swim?!" victoria's cousin vanessa exclaims, making everyone's head turn their way.

"thanks, nessa. now everyone knows how to kill m-"

she's cut off by strong arms pulling her into the water. (y/n) screeches and holds on to whoever pulled her in, as if her life depends on it.

as she wipes the water from her face she hears chuckling and immediately knows who it belongs to.

"finn!"

"don't worry, babe. i won't let you go."

she lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding, and relaxes as he gently lifts her up onto the side.

the rest of their friends go back to goofing around, and finn pulls her chin towards him.

(y/n) parts her lips slightly, feeling giddy as soon as their lips touch.

"quit it, guys." the voice of their leader, alex, speaks up.

"how else is this generation supposed to last?" finn smirks, pulling away from (y/n) for less than thirty seconds.

"someone else can do that for us. i'm pretty sure none of us want little (y/n)s and finns running around." wyatt cuts in.

"who cares. we should get moving, before someone finds us." alex mutters, getting out of the pool and drying off.

the rest of the group soon joins, silently getting dressed.

once everyone is dry and dressed, they grab their bags and split up into sets of four.

just as they are about to walk, a voice calls out.

"wait! please, let me come with you." it belongs to a small brown haired girl.