r.t - the strays

[ the strays ]
derry maine '62

you want it, i got it

you want it, baby i got it

the low hum of the stereo was one of the only sounds being heard, along with the pitter patter of the water swooshing beneath.

the losers all sat stripped to their underwear, mouths open in awe at the sight of a girl partially naked in front of them.

beverly, having had a feeling she was being watched, lifts up her sunglasses and glances back at the boys, biting back a smirk as they quickly look away.

well, except bill. instead, he stares into her ocean blue eyes with such strong emotion that she can't help but look back in concern.

"what is it?" her voice is crisp, worried as she slowly sits up onto her elbows.

his eyes panel all over body-aside from those parts-and tears begin to collect in them.

stanley, eddie, richie, and ben all watch the scene unfold with a bittersweet excitement.

"y-your hair i-it's-"

"red." ben cuts the stuttering boy off, his heart pounding in his chest. he couldn't believe this was happening. how in the hell could both him and bill see her?

your hair is winter fire, january embers, my heart burns there too.

"shit." richie gasps, knowing exactly what was occuring.

they were all told by their parents it'd be soon, but none of them expected it to be this.

"this is impossible." beverly lies back down, a soft groan escaping her throat.

"look at each other." stanley suddenly speaks up, "maybe it's just a mistake."

"mistakes can't be made when this happens! oh, god. what if i'm next? i can barely eve-"

"calm down, eds." richie smirks, wrapping a naked arm around his friends shoulder, earning a shove away in response.

"don't call me that!"

everyone goes silent as the only female present abruptly stands up, her eyes glancing between ben and bill with shock.

"i can see both of you." she whispers, hands shaking at her sides.

"cool, you guys can have threesomes." the glasses clad boy snorts, earning a glare from everyone.

"beep, beep richie!" they all shout at him, causing him to cackle and raise his hands in faux innocence.

"s-so all three o-of us are each other's s-s-soulmates?" bill glances between beverly and ben, pushing his feelings past that of shock to finally see them. he felt a sudden feeling of fondness, admiring both of their flaws and idolizing them as what makes them, them.

ben notices the way he's being stared at and shifts from one foot to the other, not necessarily feeling uncomfortable, but most definitely not used to being adored.