if we have each other (5/5)

final part!

finn's p.o.v

THREE WEEKS LATER...

it's just her and i today.

nobody else could afford to miss anymore work or school.

"i'm just going to go get another IV pouch, are you alright?" the nurse that has been sitting with me stands, and i nod. as soon as she leaves, i let everything out.

"i miss you, y/n. i'm sorry i wasn't there to save you, i'm sorry it was me you were upset about." my voice cracks and i take a deep breath, "i swear when you wake up, i'm going to do my best to make you the happiest person on earth. i love you so much."

i stare at her motionless body, waiting for something to happen, but it doesn't.

i lean over, leaving a soft kiss on her cheek.

before i can back away though, a warm hands touches the back of my neck, and i'm pushed forward until my lips meet soft ones. i want it to last forever, but there is too much i have to say.

"h-how?" i whisper, grabbing her hands in mine.

"maybe it was true loves kiss." she whispers back, a cheesy grin taking over her face.

"so i take it you heard everything?" i ask, feeling my cheeks heat up.

she shrugs.

"most of it, yeah."

"alright, i've got her-oh hell!" the nurse named carolina shouts when she walks in.

y/n begins to laugh, causing the both of us to join in.

"you know, today might be your lucky day. i'm going to go speak with the doc." she smiles, leaving the room.

"give me your phone." y/n mumbles after a peaceful silence.

i raise an eyebrow, causing her to smile innocently.

"call jeremy first, he's been feeling terrible." i hand her my phone. she had finally got me to agree after bribing me.

it was a pretty great bribe though, there's nothing i'd love more than cuddling with her in a tiny, uncomfortable hospital bed.

"speaker?" she asks as the phone begins to ring. i nod.

"hey, how's it going?" jeremy's voice begins to sound, and i grin.

"oh, you know. same old, same old." y/n can't help but smile as she speaks.

a small gasp is heard from the phone.

"y/n/n?! holy shit, you're awake! i'm on my way." he hangs up before she can get another word out.

"well he probably just texted everyone else, what do you want to do?" she asks, leaning her head on my chest. i nonchalantly begin to play with her hair.

"i don't know."

we sit there for a while, just wrapped around each other. that is until she abruptly sits up, throwing one leg over mine until she's straddling me, her arms wrapping around my body as best as she can due to all the wires attached to her.