you don't get me (2/2)

part two!

i didn't get much sleep.

all i could think about was how their lips met, how they seemed so needy and excited for each other.

i should be the one he's kissing.

i should be the one he yearns for.

beverly tells me i'm over exaggerating, and that i shouldn't let it bother me. she said maybe he's just exploring, or checking things off of his bucket list.

i only agreed with her to shut her up.

the more i think about it, the more pathetic i feel, for wanting him.

i had nine years to tell him the truth, and i didn't do anything. because i was afraid.

afraid of rejection, afraid of heartbreak.

another part of me, however, is glad i didn't say anything. because what if he is gay? what if he isn't just experimenting, or checking something off of his bucket list?

if i told him how i felt, he would've probably laughed in my face.

a knock on my door is what makes me jump out of my thoughts.

i sigh, knowing it's my mother, wanting me to get up and get ready.

as quickly as possible, i take a shower, brush my teeth, and put on one of the many dresses my mom has bought me for church.

of course, me being me, i slip on some vans to match.

when i walk down the hall and into the kitchen, my mom's eyes travel my body, making sure my outfit fits her standards.

my dad's monotonous voice mumbles a good morning as i shuffle by.

"wentworth told me you invited richie to come with us." the much older, much prettier version of me speaks, pouring some orange juice in a cup for me.

i smile lightly, "yeah. i didn't know you and father tozier still spoke."

she glares at me, and i cower back before taking a bite of the eggs in front of me.

before my mom met my dad, she dated wentworth tozier, richie's dad.

they were engaged their senior year of highschool, but after a fight debating if they should attend the same college or not, my mother called the wedding off.

as terrible as it sounds, i'm glad they didn't end up together.

i wouldn't have met richie if they did.

the doorbell rings only minutes before we are about to head out, and i rush to it, knowing it's him.

"hey!" i grin, leaning forward to hug him. he hugs back almost instinctively.

we walk down to the end of my driveway and sit on the curb.

my eyes glance at him, and i notice the pink tint of his lips, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.