the outcasts (4/5)

chapter four: y/n...meet pennywise

the group of kids decided to try and sleep for an hour or so, setting up their blankets on the cliff leading to the water in the quarry.

everyone slept. everyone besides y/n.

when two hours went by, the y/s/c pigmented girl decided to walk around, her feet mindlessly taking her places.

she doesn't stop until she finds herself standing ankle deep in water.

her y/e/c eyes glance at her surroundings, confused as to where she is.

she doesn't begin to worry until something catches her eye.

something red.

"what the hell?" four mutters to herself, stepping closer to the opening of the sewer to follow the balloon.

her steps are slow, due to the current. when she's finally inside, she glances around in confusion, the balloon having completely disappeared.

"hello?" y/n's voice is shaky.

she lets out a gasp when she hears footsteps, her feet suddenly not knowing how to move.

"w-who's there?" four shouts, finally taking a few steps.

for a second, the sewer goes silent, and then suddenly, she hears a scream.

"y/n!" the voice shouts, leaving the girl panicked.

"y/n! are you in here?" another voice shouts.

she recognizes them to belong to richie and lucas. without hesitating, the girl runs back to the entrance, nearly slipping when she gets the end.

"richie!" she cries out in relief when she sees the boy, shocking him as she hugs him.

"are you okay?" he asks, hands grabbing her face to check for scratches.

four nods, finally realizing everyone else's questioning stares.

richie and y/n separate from each other, awkwardly clearing their throats.

"okay, uh. that was weird." max chuckles, scratching the back of her neck.

the rest of them nod in agreement.

"so...that clown. this is it's home?" y/n speaks up, shuffling her feet in the water below her.

bill nods, "t-this is w-w-where he took g-georgie."

"let's go, then. do you remember exactly where it was?" the y/h/c haired girl slowly walks back into the sewers, everyone else trailing behind.

bill nods once again, and steps in front of her to lead the way.

the rest of the teens tag along, the only sound being the pitter patter of their footsteps.

TIME SKIP!

"this is i-it." bill sighs out, and everyone scatters around the disgusting, smelly sewer.