the outcasts (5/5)

chapter five: the end

"you think we're ever going to get out of here?" dustin asks as they all wander the foul smelling sewers.

"after we find will and beverly? yes." eddie replies, a little bit of sass in his tone.

it remains mostly silent for what seems like hours, the sound of water running being the only thing heard.

finally, the teens reach a room that catches their eyes.

"look!" ben cries out as he notices a specific red headed girl floating amongst others.

the losers run towards their unconscious friend, leaving the av club kids to search for will on their own.

"ho-ly shit." y/n mutters once she finds the boy, a few tears springing in her eyes at his bloodied body.

"is he...oh, shit he's not dead, right?" lucas stutters, nearly falling as him and the other three runs towards four.

the y/h/c haired girl shakes her head, somehow being able to hear his very faint heartbeat.

"not yet." she sighs, flinching when she hears a stifled sob from jane.

"how do we snap him out of it?" max asks, snapping her fingers in front of the boys face.

unlike the others, will byers was just stood there, as if he'd been frozen in some invisible ice.

"you have to-"

"beverly! beverly, please wake up!" four is cut off by the desperate pleas of ben.

her and her friends shift so that they can see the losers, their hearts breaking when they notice their distraught expressions.

before y/n can continue speaking, max, dustin, lucas, and jane run towards the losers.

"wait!" she tries to call after them, but it's too late. four huffs out, turning to the boy with a bowl cut.

with shaky hands, she touches his forehead and closes her eyes, using all of her strength to take away the boy's pain.

she doesn't realize it, but the more energy she uses, the higher she levitates.

the losers and av club kids notice the light radiating off of her and stare in amazement.

"that's my girl." richie mutters to himself, chuckling.

eventually, y/n falls to the ground, small gasps escaping her lips as she catches her breath.

"did it work?" max questions the y/s/c skinned girl, but doesn't get a response.

"hey, oddball, can't you hear?" lucas shouts, causing jane and the others to glare at him, "did it work or not?"

four looks up at her newly found friends nervously.

"i-i don't know."

the dark chocolate skinned boy chuckles, by it's anything but humorous.